Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm fixing to pick up a 2010 Bonneville w/ mag wheels (hopefully tomorrow). I just figured I'd get set up on the forum in preparation.

I've had a decent amount of previous bikes (from a 250cc hyosung cruiser as a first bike, to a BMW K1200s as mybmost recent "running" motorcycle, and many things in-between). I was looking to have one bike, and use it to commute to work, and the occasional back roads romp. I test drove this Bonnie I'm going to buy, and it was comfortable, felt peppy, and sounded great. So I was sold!

I've always liked Triumphs, but never ended up buying one until now.

The bike has the air injection removal kit, BC predator exhaust, upgraded fork springs and rear shocks, and other various farkles with it.

I am considering loading the TOR tune since the exhaust is upgraded, but I didn't notice any real popping since the guy had already done the AI removal. I'll give it some seat time, but is there a really good reason to load the TOR tune if it seems to run fine? I'm interested in maintaining decent fuel economy.

·
Administrator
19,459 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

The folks to best answer your questions will be found in the Air Cooled Twins Talk forum. Introduce yourself there, post photos of your Bonneville, and engage the members with your Bonneville questions.

http://www.triumphrat.net/air-cooled-twins-talk/

I like the popping and snarling of my exhaust. Proper aggression for my hooligan machine!

Cheers!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts