Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

new bike

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Nodster 
#1 ·
hi guys,

I pick up my new T100 on Friday night, off to the NW200 road races Saturday morning :D

#3 ·
YAAAAAAYYYY WOOWOOOOO!!!!!!!
Getting a new motorcycle inspires in me the sort of childish, unadulterated elation that only Christmas day when I was little could ever match. Hopefully it does the same for you. Have fun on the new bike, and be sure to put up some pics for us (of your bike and the race).
-Dave

#7 ·
sweat,

I sold my Scrambler some time ago, as part of a new healthier lifestyle. I 'gave up' motorbikes, bought a bicycle and gave my computer to a neighbour. It failed mainly because I discovered I wasn't as ill as I thought, long story. I still cycle occasionaly, I don't really miss my computer, but I wish I still had my Scrambler. It's still in the shop, but the dealer wants too much for it. He told me it's deliberately overpriced so he can use it himself.

I made a mistake. So it goes.

I got scunnered with public transport very quickly and bought a Honda Transalp, it's a very good motorbike. My son has it now and today I traded his Tenere against the T100 for me. I was thinking about other bikes, including buying my friend's Thruxton to make a 'Thruxville', but elected for a clean start with the T100.

I don't know what I'll be doing to it yet, beyond fitting luggage for a tour later in the year, I'll need to have a good swatch at the threads on efi first.

#9 ·
Welcome back Johnny!!
You've been sorely missed!

Enjoy the NW and be sure to post pics.
As usual Im working, but at least Im doing my bit in getting all those bikes to Ireland.
There's LOTS of them!!

V.

#10 ·
Hi Johny

I was surprised when I read your post as the last I can remember is you saying you were giving up biking to change your lifestyle for health reasons. Very glad to hear you're not as ill as you thought and are back on a bike. Good luck with the new T100 and hope you get many years of enjoyment from it. Have fun at the NW200.

Welcome back!

Paul.

#11 ·
Nice one Johny and congrats on two fronts

firstly - that you wern't as ill as you thought, that's a huge relief to you and the good lady

secondly - we always knew you wouldn't stray to far from a proper bike!!

Hope the NW isn't too wet.

Time to give those casings the treatment they deserve ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.