Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp, I did it. I put down a deposit with a dealer in Dallas for a 2008 Neon Blue Daytona 675. I'll miss having a Sprint, but I know I'll love having that 675 :D No worries, once I get this paid off, I'll be scouring the web again for another 02-04 Blue Sprint ST (or a dedicated track bike, not sure which yet hehe) :) I just got tired of trying to find one in my color (Blue of course) and found that Blue 675, which I've been wanting since it first came out. :) Sure hope I can handle a supersport as a daily commuter... This should be interesting... hehe

Now if all my stupid injuries will heal up so I can drive to Dallas to pick it up. Still have a broken wrist that still hurts and I injured my lumbar Friday and had to go to the ER for it :( But I can finally walk again, just can't stand or walk for more than a couple minues before I start to hurt again and I can't sit at all without pain... Luckily the dealer doesn't mind holding the bike for a couple weeks for me while I heal up. :) So I'll pick it up in a couple weeks and I bet it'll sit in my garage for a couple months until I am able to ride again... hehe :eek: Oh well, good opportunity to mod it up while I wait to heal up :D

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
BTW, Wolf, when are you going to make a triple exhaust pipe for the 675's like you have for the Sprint ST 1050's? ;) That triple pipe design would look sweet on a 675 you know *hint hint* :D And yes, I know Ixil makes a triple pipe design for the 675, but it only comes in SS. What's the point of replacing the stock heavy exhaust with another heavy exhaust? ugh... Lighter is better :D

Oh, and btw, the 675 product details you have on your website is incorrect. You have the info for the Bonnevillie exhausts listed instead of the 675 :)

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Nutz on you PD. My scoot is in the shop and I keep avoiding the 675 like it had the plague. Glad your healing up man.

Don

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
We done PD. Glad that you're healing,, it is never quick enough when you want to ride though!

The 675 is a great bike albeit a bit small for my frame. :( You must have got a great deal to let it sit for 2 months while you heal.. I am not sure that I could do it. :)

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Congrats on the new scooter PD:)

Take care with those injuries and get well soon.

I spent about a morning trying one of those little D's out, great bike and begs to have you hang off the side, but is a bit to small for my long torso and long arms.

cheers,
DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:) Yea, I've been dying to buy a Blue 675 since they came out last year. I was originally planning to buy a 675 and use it in conjuction with my ST, but apparently that deer had other plans for me... Oh well, I got a decent deal on the 675 and I don't see the blue ones for sale much anymore so I figured I had better grab it while I could.

Actually I'll admit, the 675 did feel small after being on an ST for so long, but it's probably a better fit for me as I'm only 5'6" and 143 lbs, I'm actually about 1/2" too short for it. I can almost flat foot the bike with both feet if I slide up against the tank, so I already have plans to lower the bike a little bit so that I feel more stable at stops. It doesn't bother me that much, especially if it's dry out, but trying to tip toe a bike on a wet surface would make me a bit nervous about my foot sliding out and dropping the bike.

·
Registered
999 Posts
And you have pictures to actually prove the purchase!!!

Being a smaller, faster and more nimble bike you should be able to avoid deer in the future. :D:D

Congrats and enjoy to the max.

Gerry

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Glad to hear you are healing up PD. I was wondering how you were coming along.

I am glad to hear about the 675. Congrats on that and I am jealous. My dealer has 2 brand new black ones, a used blue one and three used red ones.

The black ones keep calling me........ Caaaallllliiiiwwwaaayyyyyyy riiiidddeee meeeeeee

I need a bigger garage and fatter wallet. :)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i'm doing ok, I'd be doing better if I didn't have a high tolerance/immunity to vicoden and muscle relaxants. This whole week I've pretty much just given up on the pain meds and switched to liquor, now that stuff works to releave the back pain hehe :D

The broken wrist isn't in as much pain either now, but I think that's partly to do with the fact I haven't ridden a motorcycle in awhile so my wrist isn't constantly being "twisted" when I throttle the bike, so it's actually getting a chance to heal up hehe :) Well, I guess as healed up as it can get with a broken bone fragment floating around in my wrist... :p

Yea, I had taken the 09 black 675 for a test ride and loved it. The only thing I didn't like about it was the clutch, it seemed only the first 1/8 or so of the clutch is all it took the engage it and the rest was free play. I felt like i was practically letting go of the clutch lever completely before it engaged, didn't really like that at all. Hopefully it was just something with that '09 model and not on all the 675's. Guess I'll find out soon enough :)

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Good to hear that you are mending......eventually.

I know you will enjoy the hell out of the 675! Turn the Hero on and post the vids. :D

BTW, speaking of the clutch on the 675, ever notice how high it is from the sump? Kinda goes against the 'soak the clutch in oil' crowd doesn't it? ;)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea it is and I believe it's even higher on the '09's, isn't it? Drag the peg feeler on that bike and you better watch out cause you'll be at the limits of it's lean angle :)

Yea... the Hero... You know, I haven't even tried it to see if it still works since I crashed the ST on the track last year... I know that crash took out my Oregon camera, the bike fell right on top of it. :D

This is the camera I REALLY wanna buy for the bike though: http://www.vio-pov.com/products/pov_15m.php

some day :)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks :) I'm pretty excited and a bit ansy with all this waiting to pick it up. Which is probably good since I *still* need to send my helmet off to shoei to find out if it's still usable or not... I'm so bad when it comes to procrastinating that it isn't even funny :D

·
Registered
999 Posts
thanks :) I'm pretty excited and a bit ansy with all this waiting to pick it up. Which is probably good since I *still* need to send my helmet off to shoei to find out if it's still usable or not... I'm so bad when it comes to procrastinating that it isn't even funny :D
Procratinating!! are you sure we're not related!!

Gerry

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I picked up my new Blue Daytona 675 yesterday :) Can't wait to fully heal up so I can taker her for a long ride. I'll tell ya, 2 months without a motorcycle is just too freakin long! :D

Here's picks of my new baby: 2008 Neon Blue Daytona 675

So when I bought it, I was first under the impression it was a dealer demo bike, but it turns out that it was actually Cycle World Magazines Demo bike that they used in their reviews for the '08 models. So I guess if I can't make it into the magazines, at least my bike has. haha :p

1 - 20 of 33 Posts