Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I am in the process of trying to decide between a Scrambler or Bonnie T-100 and am also trying to decide on a helmet that will look good with either bike. I really would like to purchase the best fitting, safest, helmet that I can get while still looking good while riding my choosen bike.

So, If I could get some opinions/suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. I am leaning towards a full face helmet over an open face. I dont mind spending $300, 400 or 500 on a helmet if the quality, safety features, and fit are all there.

What do you guys think? Please keep in mind I will be riding either a Scrambler or Bonnie and Saftey is my main concern with looks being 2nd.

Thanks and I appreciate any and all help.
Jeff

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Hey Jeff,

I've owned a variety of helmets over the years, including Arai and Shoei. I have a Scorpion EX700 now and absolutely love it. The fit is as good as anything I've ever owned, the fit and finish is excellent considering it's price point and I feel their products represents some of the best values in a highly rated lid out there. Just my 2 cents.

Go to a good shop with a wide variety of helmets and try on as many as you can.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'd recommend a Shark. I've used HJC, KBC, Shark, Fulmer, (can't remember the others). I have to say my Shark RS2R is incredible! It's light, quiet and it's rated as being the highest in safety (ECE22).

I agree with MIBonneville... Go to a shop with lots of helmets and try them on.

Good luck!

·
Registered
921 Posts
i agree on the arai (a vector can be had for under $400), best fitting helmet i've ever tried on. the scorpion's not bad either though it's a tight squeeze on and off and doesn't have the plush interior of the arai--it's darn good for $200 cheaper. tried on the higher end bell the other day and it was pretty nice if a bit pricey.

check webbike world's best of. . . a good place to start. they have a ton of helmet reviews up on their site, too. i trust their reviews but keep in mind that the guy that does the reviews has a really round head (most folks are more oval-ish) so take his advice on fit with a grain of salt.

as for safety, they will all be safe, honestly. if you have some time to read a really interesting article that's posted around here before take a look at the link below

Motorcycle Helmet Performance: Blowing the Lid Off

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
That Motorcyclist issue was excellent though it caused a lot of controversy at the time. I recall that Arai pulled all their advertising from the mag for several months after that article was published. Apparently their panties got in a bunch for a while, but they did start advertising there again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts