Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, its true we have made an exhaust for the guys/girls that love the sound and construction of the Predators but want to keep the Stock Classic look to their Bonnevilles. British Customs Introduces the all New BC Toga Silencers. Made from 100% Polished Stainless Steel with the same Mechanical Louver Baffle as the Predators. All preorders will recieve the $50.00 discounted price. Also Available in ceramic black. PM me or call Our Sales Team for more Info.
Happy Holidays!

http://www.british-customs.com/files/marketing/pcard/toga_silencer/british_customs_toga_silencers.html

·
Registered
648 Posts
Yes, its true we have made an exhaust for the guys/girls that love the sound and construction of the Predators but want to keep the Stock Classic look to their Bonnevilles. British Customs Introduces the all New BC Toga Silencers. Made from 100% Polished Stainless Steel with the same Mechanical Louver Baffle as the Predators. All preorders will recieve the $50.00 discounted price. Also Available in ceramic black. PM me or call Our Sales Team for more Info.
Happy Holidays!

Your ad says EFI and carburated models available.
What are the differences in the 2 models?
I have NH Togas and love them.
Your stainless steel would be nice!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
EFI vs Carb

Good question, what we noticed on our Predators is that the "carb" version we had was a tad long where it met header pipe and would not fit up to mount points properly and we had to cut them all about 2cm on each side. So now all our pipes have this mod done in production so they will fit each model the same way and with no mounting issues at all.

·
Registered
84 Posts
2007 Bonneville T100

I have a 2007 Bonneville T100. I plan to upgrade the exhaust next spring and was trying to decide between the Norman Hyde Togas and the TORS.

Please tell us how your exhaust is different or better than either the Togas or the TORS.

·
30,296 Posts
Ooooh I think you should pioneer TonUp, be the first to fit these! :D

Then get the bike on the dyno and give us the results!

EDIT: I can assure you these will flow better than the TORs, the TORs are surprisingly restrictive!

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Really Prop? I didnt know that the Tors were that restrictive..... hmmmmm I have a set of TORS but these just look stunning so maybe i should do the swap.

I want a set!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Restricted TORS

Props right the TOR's are a very restricted pipe with alot of blockage in the inners to not allow good air flow for more power and sound, plus they are about as heavy as stock too.

·
Registered
84 Posts
BC-Twins, per propforward's suggestion, I would be happy to "pioneer" this for the group, assuming that we could work out a sweet deal. :D

So how different are these from NH Togas? I like the look of the Togas and these since they look more "retro." Do they offer similar performance improvements? Are they similarly loud?

·
Registered
648 Posts
I was considering either TORs or NH Togas when I purchased the Togas. I like the early "period" look and they are shorter than TORs. I would rather have these stainless steel Togas had I not already bought NH's but after reading this info., I'm just glad I got Togas! :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
NH Togas

Xchoppers, what material is used to make the NH Togas? Are they chromed steel? How is the finish? I would also assume that stainless would be best.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Key Features On BC Togas

Here are some key notes on our New Pipes.

Made from 100% stainless that’s been polished to a chrome like finish, competitor pipes are constructed from mild steel then chromed. Over time mild steel pipes will rust, chrome is subject to flaking and pitting

The B.C. Toga is complete stainless steel construction. Uses the same internals as the very popular Predator Exhaust. Ours Exclusive Louver
Jason says:
Ours Exclusive Louver core baffle means the BC line of exhaust will never have to be repacked. Small scratches from dropping the bike can be polished out on our stainless pipes.

Our pipes have approximately 1.75” exit hole, .25” larger than any other toga on the market. We used larger internals to create proper flow and power. You can expect a deep rich sound, deeper than the predator.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Xchoppers, what material is used to make the NH Togas? Are they chromed steel? How is the finish? I would also assume that stainless would be best.
Norman Hyde Togas are manufactured in the U.K. from chrome plated steel. Their quality is impeccable! I really am very happy with everything about them. :D That being said, I feel you cannot beat polished stainless steel. I have no way of knowing how the B.C. stainless mufflers sound or their quality but I imagine they are made to compete with the NH's so they must be good. I'd like to see a close up photo of the BC mounting brackets. They appear quite different. I'm happy with those that were supplied with my NH's. Unlike the stock brackets which are black, the NH's are chrome. More importantly, they fit right. ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
BC-Twins, thanks for the additional information. Let me know if you get a video or audio clip comparing the sound to the standard exhaust. I might go for these based upon the fact that they are stainless alone, but it would be nice to hear what they sound like first.

Xchoppers, thanks for the information. My only reluctance on the NH Togas had been concerning how they fit. I had read on some other threads about interference with the side stand or center stand.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
I think I want some but I have to sell my really nice TORS that are in perfect shape. :)

BTW I don't know who has TORS but they are far from quiet and the finish is impeccable. I should put them in the classifieds.

I just love the look of these silencers whether they be Bella Corse teardrops, NH Togas or the new BCs.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Yeah, those BC's look good. I too have TORs and like the sound, but the look? Too long and fat. I like the thinner look of the others. But my TORs are in really good shape - seem as if they'll last a while. Must resist the temptation to spend dough for style, especially over half a grand!

·
30,296 Posts
Aye, I have a set of TORs, and I was always happy with finish and sound, but for the heck of it I bought a set of preds (I kind of fancied the reverse cone look for a change) and I have to say they are beautifully made.

If I ever fancy going back to the old time toga look (which I like too, always have) I will likely pick up a pair of these, but right now I'm looking forward to testing my preds out. Wicked cool.

My statement on restrictiveness of the TORs comes from reading folks jetting set ups, as well as some jetting work I did myself. Although they are straight through, they did not open up the bike much - didn't even need the supplied 115 mains - 110 was about spot on.

·
Registered
245 Posts
What about Scramblers?

Sean - do you guys have a Toga style exhaust planned for Scrams? I like the mechanical louvre aspect of the retro Preds and am anxiously awaiting a promised sound clip on your site to give them a listen, but would love having a Toga style to choose from as well.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Aye, I have a set of TORs, and I was always happy with finish and sound, but for the heck of it I bought a set of preds (I kind of fancied the reverse cone look for a change) and I have to say they are beautifully made.

If I ever fancy going back to the old time toga look (which I like too, always have) I will likely pick up a pair of these, but right now I'm looking forward to testing my preds out. Wicked cool.

My statement on restrictiveness of the TORs comes from reading folks jetting set ups, as well as some jetting work I did myself. Although they are straight through, they did not open up the bike much - didn't even need the supplied 115 mains - 110 was about spot on.

Hmmm very interesting. The dealer did the TORS on mine and did a dyno set up on it so I actually have no idea what jets and mains are in it. I have a new set sitting on the bench for the BARK I have to install.

It's such a crappy time of year, its to cold to ride and its to cold to do any work on it. Next summer, insulating the garage and getting it heated so I don't have to go through withdrawals over the winter.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I just received the BC performance kit for my scrambler and the first thing I bolted up was the new preds. I really like the design. I think they put good thought into them they are slim and they tuck in so you don't need heat shields. I probably only rode 10 miles or so ( its been raining) & I think they sound great. I don't think their that loud besides now my bike doesn't sound like a sewing machine. I wish my header pipes looked as good. When I put the nark on I'm sure this bike will come alive. Then I'll want carbs, cams, a big bore kit and maybe stroke it what the hell. Take a look at BC's site if your looking at saving some money over a single system these bolt ons are the whey to go - quality product.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts