Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello members. Newby here and have enjoyed the site since the purchase of 2008 Speedy. I recently purchased Arrow slip-ons (Titanium ovals with mid-pipe). The fit and finish are awesome, but the decel popping is dreadful even after the dealer did the arrow download for high mounts/no cat! What now? I have read about Tuneboy on this site but the technician at the dealer says to stay away from it. (?) Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Tell the technician he's an idiot...then, get a Tuneboy, block off the SAI, download the correct tune for the bike and live happily ever after.

BTW, I personally LIKE the popping...

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
If it is popping excessivly, then they got the tune is wrong, but they all will pop or burble on de-excelleration to a certain degree so don't expect it to go away completely. That's the nature of the beast.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I agree with Joemomma!

My service technician is a Hinckley Triumph guru and swears by TuneBoy! Of course he knows how to use it as well!
My bike was never equipped with SAI, so I can't say I've really experienced the popping, though some people seem to like it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts