Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a restore project and getting to the carbs today. I'm trying to figure out what's what and finding a little mis-information that is confusing me. I've got a parts manual from British Only. It says the left carb's number is 626/9 and the right one is 626/10. Pulled the carbs off the motor and see that the right one has "A626/R68" stamped on the side of it. The "R" and "A" look like they were stamped there separately, so I was thinking I could read that as a 626/68. The Left one has this Stamped on it "L626/54".

These carbs are pretty corroded. I may look into rebuilding them, but also thought I would look into getting new ones from Amal's site. I just can't figure out which ones I would need. All the ones I saw were labeled as right side. And none of them were 626/54, 68, 9 or 10. I'm looking at this link when I search for 626:

http://www.amalcarb.co.uk/searchResults.aspx?partnumber=&keyword=626

What do those secondary numbers mean and how can I ensure I'll get the right carbs for my bike. thanks!

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Huh. I had no idea Amal was still around!

I poked around there a bit, neat goggles! :D

The other thing I found was the search box- searching for part number 626/54 turns up a "CARBURETTER LH." Looking at the detail for the CARBURETTER LH, it says Location: Right Hand.

I think I see why you didn't find your parts. There are 2 search boxes, one for part numbers and the other for keywords; the keyword box doesn't like part numbers.

Cheers, HTH,
-Kit

1 - 2 of 2 Posts