Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
501 - 511 of 511 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Speed Triple 1200 RS
733 Posts
I would like to see how the hp numbers translate to 0-30, 0-60, 1/8 and 1/4 mile times. It's really hard to judge a bikes acceleration by watching you tube videos and deciding which bike the guys giggling the hardest riding
Watching a dyno for the latest model S1000R on YT, I wouldn't trade the Speed's linear power for the S1000R's few extra peak ponies, you can hear the BMW come alive part way through, that gets old on the street imho. Personal preference for sure.

I saw a video that had a listing of bikes according to power to weight. That was interesting, I remember the Speedy was around 3rd.
Peak power-to-weight without a rider, of a non-specific rpm/mph, has to be the most useless metric ever!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Watching a dyno for the latest model S1000R on YT, I wouldn't trade the Speed's linear power for the S1000R's few extra peak ponies, you can hear the BMW come alive part way through, that gets old on the street imho. Personal preference for sure.

Peak power-to-weight without a rider, of a non-specific rpm/mph, has to be the most useless metric ever!
For you.
I find it interesting non the less.
Thanks for your input

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #507 ·
Teaser of my bike undergoing a change of colour.
Many will say you're just plain anal but honestly, I'm impressed. Not many people would go to the trouble of respraying their bike to co-ordinate with their compressor - right down to matching graphics.

Personally think would've been better to go with Triumph's glorious Roulette Green so it blends seamlessly with your tool cabinet.
Cabinet.JPG

·
Registered
257 Posts
Many will say you're just plain anal but honestly, I'm impressed. Not many people would go to the trouble of respraying their bike to co-ordinate with their compressor - right down to matching graphics.

Personally think would've been better to go with Triumph's glorious Roulette Green so it blends seamlessly with your tool cabinet.
Ha, thanks for the laugh.

·
Registered
257 Posts
@ Chickenstrip: I'm also a fan of the Lucifer Orange - having had a Sprint RS back in the day. Beautiful colour. However, that was one reason why I didn't want to repeat the same colour with my new RS and my selection of 'Golden Saffron'. It really 'pop's in the sunlight, love it. And the new badging/decals really set it off. View attachment 759867
What's the part number of that badge, looks good.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #510 ·
One of the best parts of the Hinckley operation, and one of which Triumph were justifiably proud, was the paint shop. Fully up to date with state of the art paint finishing lines utilising the best available production technology and equipment.........
I've just quoted the first line of my earlier post for no other reason than to point out Triumph make a big deal of their Factory Tour now including a visit to 'never-seen-before areas of the world-renowned Paint Shop'. This is encouraging as seems they've retained it's capability even though it's not running in a full production capacity. That they also state 'A new UK assembly line can also be viewed from the tour' is encouraging, perhaps they are planning to do a little more than simply bolting a few carbon fibre bits to the wholly Thai manufactured bikes they want to to offer as TFC (Triumph Factory Custom) models. I sincerely hope so. See flyer attached.
2021 Triumph Factory Tour.JPG

·
Registered
2022 Speed Triple 1200 RS
733 Posts
Surprised nobody called me out on this. BOTH tools under the coolant reservoir cover actually fit the rear cowl bolt, no need to use the short end T30. Use the other one that's just a hex wrench with the long end, easy peasy.

501 - 511 of 511 Posts