Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
481 - 500 of 511 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Speed Triple 1200 RS
733 Posts
The first thing I noticed actually was the real logo on the tank instead of a sticker. I guess $18300/£15100 just doesn't buy that level of luxury these days ...

·
Registered
82 Posts
I was faced with a similar problem on my 2016 sdr around 10,000 miles the top rail split and I couldn't find a radiator repair shop anywhere, m,a replacement was $6-700 and several weeks out so I bought hi temp marine epoxy. The bike has 27,000 miles now and still holding its water
Notorious problem with the SDR's. I had the typical leak on the top left rear of the radiator on my '18 at about 10,000 miles due to the poor design of the mounting point at that location. The new radiator cost $400 plus $150 labor--fortunately it was readily available within a week at that time (pre Covid). It should be a recall by KTM in my opinion.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I do suspect the actual rev limit is 11150 per reviews, and not 11400 per the Owner's Manual. It's hard to tell exactly, but the digital tach when topped out seems closer to 11 than 11.5 to me.

·
Registered
733 Posts
The speedometer is something like 5-6% optimistic, not sure how the 1050 was.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
That's normal, or maybe I should say common. :)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #486 ·
That looks fabulous. I took a look at the forum you pulled it from, so many posters bemoaning the lack of interesting colours from Triumph.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Man, if Triumph came out with the red that Lexus uses or the red that my Miata has, I'd REALLY have a hard time not trading my Street Triple!!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I'm a fan of their older colors, which, by the way, are not too far from the above suggestions, and would relate the current production to its lineage. Roulette Green and Lucifer Orange come to mind.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I noticed that the latest gen 2020+ Yamaha R1 ecu was finally cracked recently after forever. I've never flashed a bike, have Speed Triples historically benefited at all from ecu flashing? I have no idea, maybe Triumph has everything tied up with uncrackable encryption these days.

·
Registered
3 Posts
@ Chickenstrip: I'm also a fan of the Lucifer Orange - having had a Sprint RS back in the day. Beautiful colour. However, that was one reason why I didn't want to repeat the same colour with my new RS and my selection of 'Golden Saffron'. It really 'pop's in the sunlight, love it. And the new badging/decals really set it off.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
^ Sharp!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #494 · (Edited)
One of the best parts of the Hinckley operation, and one of which Triumph were justifiably proud, was the paint shop. Fully up to date with state of the art paint finishing lines utilising the best available production technology and equipment, it was nonetheless flexible enough and had enough mixing and paint delivery lines to allow the paint shop operators to play around with even modest runs of a variety of colours amongst amongst single vehicle batches. Allied to this was a 'special' paint finishing capacity that allowed staff to request and their own bikes finished in any of Triumph's rich palette even if it was not ordinarily available for that particular model. They also had a hand finishing dept staffed by artisans especially skilled at applying pin striping to many models, especially the twin cylinder series, in the traditional manner. I understand some of these craftsmen have recently been on assignment at the Chonburi plant in Thailand teaching young Thais how to pinstripe.

This bold, flexible and daring approach to paint finishing options even brought us the glorious 'Chequer' and 'Union Jack' editions of the Speed Triple and Daytona respectively.

Chequer Speed Triple.JPG
Union Jack Daytona.JPG

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
A while back videos were floating about YT showing one of those pin striping guys do their thing. Cool. I have a feeling they're only around now for these publicity videos.

·
Registered
733 Posts
German 1050 vs 1200. Then a dyno run (same dyno: Speed 157, Tuono 164, SDR 169, ZH2 171, SFV4 189).

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I would like to see how the hp numbers translate to 0-30, 0-60, 1/8 and 1/4 mile times. It's really hard to judge a bikes acceleration by watching you tube videos and deciding which bike the guys giggling the hardest riding.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I would like to see how the hp numbers translate to 0-30, 0-60, 1/8 and 1/4 mile times. It's really hard to judge a bikes acceleration by watching you tube videos and deciding which bike the guys giggling the hardest riding.
I saw a video that had a listing of bikes according to power to weight.

That was interesting, I remember the Speedy was around 3rd.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

481 - 500 of 511 Posts