Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

201 - 210 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Still nothing in dealers etc, Triumph said March release, more delays?
My dealer said next month a week and a half ago.

I'm really not in the market, but I do want to see one in person.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'm in Australia.
My dealer said Triumph have been really bad in letting them know when to expect stock.

They were told March, but now could be April / May.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'm in Australia.
My dealer said Triumph have been really bad in letting them know when to expect stock.

They were told March, but now could be April / May.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
I've been watching the Yamaha boards because I'm also interested in the new MT-09. Just like the new Speed Triple, I'm not going to buy one, but it's a bike/engine I've had experience with and am interested in.

Anyways, looks like due to the pandemic, dealers are having a hard time getting hands on them too. Some are telling customers July, October, and, I think, even next year. That's for the MT-09 and the Tracer as well. In fact, I read last night where one dealer refunded someone their deposit because they have no idea when the bike will come in.

So, I don't know how things are for Triumph, but it wouldn't surprise me if something similar happens.

On another note, my girlfriend works in a bicycle shop and getting bikes has been a problem for them as well. I'd need to ask her to get specifics, but I think the biggest problem hasn't been getting the frames, but rather the components that need to be bolted onto the frames (drive train components, etc.).

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've been watching the Yamaha boards because I'm also interested in the new MT-09. Just like the new Speed Triple, I'm not going to buy one, but it's a bike/engine I've had experience with and am interested in.

Anyways, looks like due to the pandemic, dealers are having a hard time getting hands on them too. Some are telling customers July, October, and, I think, even next year. That's for the MT-09 and the Tracer as well. In fact, I read last night where one dealer refunded someone their deposit because they have no idea when the bike will come in.

So, I don't know how things are for Triumph, but it wouldn't surprise me if something similar happens.

On another note, my girlfriend works in a bicycle shop and getting bikes has been a problem for them as well. I'd need to ask her to get specifics, but I think the biggest problem hasn't been getting the frames, but rather the components that need to be bolted onto the frames (drive train components, etc.).
I don't know if it's because of this but there is great shortage of containers in at least from USA to Europe lines, my father in law has a mustang waiting for shipping in washington and he was told that because of the container shortage all harbors are packed full with cars that can't be shipped. I think it's because of the covid situation has slowed export from china so much that half of the worlds containers are sitting in there waiting to be filled with stupid plastic junk.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Suez issue wouldn't have helped with a lot of stuff but no idea how the Suez would affect from Thailand to America, UK yes. Do recall that there is a world wide issue regarding empty containers, another thing to thank China for, the bastards.
From Japan i can't get a replacement visor for my Aria helmet or the cheek pads for the helmet as Japan has supply issues directly related to the virus, i was told.
Not sure if the virus is a convenient excuse for any delays from anyone, but this pandemic seems to have screwed up so many things with knock on affects.
Guess we will need a bit more patience. Not as if i can afford to run out and buy the first one that arrives, lol.

I'm still keen to hear anything regarding the new Tiger/Explorer 1200? for 2021. The original spy shots were quite a while ago now but i am guessing that the engine may be closely related to the new S3's engine? More patience required i guess.

Don't know if it is relevant but last week the Chaing Mai Harley dealer has two demo test ride Pan Americas but don't know where they are manufactured.

·
Registered
588 Posts
My dealer said they still have zero info about when it might even possily come, and that shipping is a mess globally. So I canceled my pre-order (full refund) and they said they understood which was nice. It's not just the apparent delay, I got other unrelated life things that factored into the decision, and I started some home improvement projects, etc. Looking forward to first ride reviews though, it's still on my shopping list.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I was in my local dealer (Northern California) looking at a 2020 RS they had left, asked them, and they didnt think they would see any till then end of May beginning of June.

BTW, they wanted almost $18k OTD (for the 2020), I lauged and said good luck, there is one that is a couple hundred miles away at another dealer for almost $3k less....

·
Registered
588 Posts
On the streets of Japan, not much to comment on though. Is it just me, or is the wide grip almost comical.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I was at Mcc triumph today and a salesman told me he was hearing the 1200 s3 should be in by june. They have gotten in several new tridents that sell as soon as they arrive.

201 - 210 of 210 Posts