Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I’m gonna say no but go to the tech forum and ask on this thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You're doing awesome work on that bike. I just got my Speed Twin a couple of weeks ago too. Been looking for a nice tail tidy for the bike now too. Maybe some nice winter projects for the bike...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sweet. I can't wait to do the decat and DNK tune. I baselined the bike on the drag strip bone stock and got 11.95 @ 110mph with a strong headwind. Now I can finally start modifying. My mods will closely match yours, but I have a Meerkat decat and Vance & Hines mufflers to install. How do you like the Dart Piranha Flyscreen? Even in a full tuck with my chin on the tank, my helmet was getting pushed hard in the wind on the drag strip. If nothing else, I might put one on just to see if it helps on the strip when in a full tuck. We had a strong headwind and by the top of 3rd gear it was pushing on me hard. At 110mph my helmet felt like it was being ripped off my head.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
The screen is great and I think full tucked it would cut most of the wind. The classic is taller and would be better at cutting the wind for sure.

The piranha looks better to me so I went with it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah, I was considering the classic in case I do a longer ride with my wife and want to try and reduce the wind hitting me, but I probably wouldn't leave it on. The Piranha looks good and I think it might just be the perfect amount for when I am in a tuck. Probably won't help any on the highway but who wants to ride this thing on the hwy? It does look pretty cool too so I might leave that one on. I have red so it might not blend as well as it does with yours. I also spent the money on the machined headlight bezel so I like to see that! It has a weird hole on the top if it though, like the stocker has on the bottom. I think they screwed up and machined a weep hole on the top instead of the bottom, unless it is designed for some other fairing that has a tab to fit in there on a different bike.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I think the hole at the top is a locating point for a stone guard.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Man..... Triumph hit a homer run with this bike. A few minor mods and an awesome DNK tune and this thing is a blast to ride!!!!! What a great bike.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just removed the airbox snorkel, added a K&N, and installed the Vance & Hines mufflers. Just rode 4 miles to work but it feels a little punchier. I am not sure I like how loud the intake is though. I want to hear the exhaust not the intake. Even makes it vibrate more at WOT. Hopefully I won’t hear it as much when I take the cat off, which should be in a week or two.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Can't wait! I think it will help low speed from being so touchy too by reducing some of the engine breaking. I need to order the DNK tune so I'll have everything ready when I do the swap. I kind of want to race it before the tune to see what difference it makes in performance, but I don't want to wait any more.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I also added throttle spacers to help eliminate the touchy throttle. Cheap and easy mod

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yep, that was the first thing I did. Hopefully racing Wednesday with the mufflers, K&N, and snorkel removed. Don't expect much but hopefully I can get a run before the wind turns around. I'll compare with my dad to see if I am further ahead of him to know if the mods helped or not.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts