Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I did a search but didn’t see anything on this so if I missed it I apologize. I’m going to remove my large front and rear turn signals and go with an arrow style LEDs and install the European brake light as well. I have a few questions.

1. I can of course find LED arrow style indicators on EBAY and Amazon of questionable quality but can’t seem to find factory Triumph OEM ones. Any suggestions. Also my rear turn signals double as a daytime running lights. Most options I’ve seen are turn signals only so what should I look for to make sure they will work correctly. I can live with out the rear DLR unless the European Brake Light and harness turns it into the DLR.

2. I have found the European rear brake light on a few sites, definitely not cheap but it seems like the only option. Are there others of quality Choices or just suck it up and bite the bullet?

thanks again.
aso544

·
Registered
214 Posts
These are the part numbers for the smaller triumph Euro lights if it helps.

A9838039 front.

A9830140 rear.

not sure what you mean by the rear being DRL. That’s more of a front thing. We normally call them park lights/tail lights. Which the Triumph D4o rear do as there park/brake indicator in one.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks for the info. I guess what I meant to describe is the rear stay on while driving. Am I correct on that? If so, just asking if special rear signals are needed that can operate as turn signals and parking lights.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Referring to the triumph lights. Yes they will be on while riding. Then get brighter When you brake. most brake lights will do both but not all have the indicator in them.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Got my Cone Engineering Shorties on today. Look and sound fantastic !!!

Getting ready to install my European turn signals / brake light. Any insight on the wiring? The red side has a black and green wire and the black side has a black and green wire. Think the red is for the right side as it is on that side?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Have that sump guard fitted to mine, has kept the underside pretty fresh considering the state of the roads here.
Still have to clean the cow **** off it .

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a British Customs Predator + De-Cat, and it's been amazing. Also, I would get remapped. You may not have to, but it's night and day. I went with Danielle @ DNK. The bike is awesome and I rarely want to ride my Super Duke as much :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Still waiting on my turn signals and Dart Piranha Fly Screen. I did install the throttle spacer kit today and took her for a ride. Spacers really make the throttle way better than stock. My new pipes do have some slight popping but nothing crazy. Still deciding on a decaf and tune to clean it all up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Heck ya! That decat is gonna make that rev match sound gnarly. I can’t stop hitting dirt and sliding it around then tearing up backroads haha

Excited for ya ! Also, I’m using the Thruxton OEM mount and screen. Wonder what difference it is versus your Dart...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got my Cone Engineering Shorties on today. Look and sound fantastic !!!

Getting ready to install my European turn signals / brake light. Any insight on the wiring? The red side has a black and green wire and the black side has a black and green wire. Think the red is for the right side as it is on that side?
Hello!

How are those silencers? How would you describe the sound? I want shorter pipes, yet I'm looking for a "dark, bass sound" also something more "full and louder" but not in a way to burst your eardrums. Are those anything like that? ;)

Right now I'm leaning towards the SC Project Conic 70s exhausts.

Thank you!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Finally got my new turn signals installed along with my euro style break light. I also installed a BC tag bracket but I had to mod it to properly clear my Cone Shorties. She is now at the dealer getting my Motone X Pipe installed And I have a DNK tune ready to install on her return.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Just installed my DNK Tune after my decat......went in on first try with no issues. Holy $&# !!!! It’s like a whole different bike now. 1-3rd will pull the wheel of the ground on WOT runs. The throttle response is crisp and immediate and the bike pulls much harder all through the range. I’m very impressed with Ms Danielle‘s tuning ability....its seems to be spot on.

I’m still get some right thigh heat ( Florida!!! ) and some de-acceleration popping but nothing brutal. GREAT mod and well worth the time and money. Don’t even think twice if you are considering it.

2020 Speed Twin
Motone X-Pipe
Cone Engineering Shorties
DNA Filter
Snorkel Removed
Throttle Spacers
DNK Tune

21 - 40 of 54 Posts