Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a plague steal on Craigslist yesterday ;)

2013 Street Triple, 36k miles (kinda high), clean title/ never down, one owner history w/ triumph color matched flyscreen, triumph bar end mirrors, asv levers, heated grips and full suspension installed/ tuned by a shop here in the Bay Area, Ca.
All this for (drum roll) $1,800!

The bad: the suspension was setup for a midget. It’s lowered an inch and must be set up for someone a lot lighter than me (200 lbs + gear). Riding it home on the freeway yesterday, I hit a pothole and bottomed the rear out hard. When I got home the led turn signals on the tail tidy had no lenses and were hanging by the wires :D

Not trying to make it out to be more than it is, and I’m sure at 36k some components are worn out/ need replacement - but I’m up for the project. The rear shock came with a certificate for a free rebuild, through Hyperpro - so I’ll need to figure that out.

All in all, I’m happy :D

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
it's a great price any way you look at it. Congrats and once you get the suspension dialed in for your weight you'll see why so many love this bike.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's a great price any way you look at it. Congrats and once you get the suspension dialed in for your weight you'll see why so many love this bike.
Thanks!

I’ve recently been in contact with Traxxion Dynamics whom I’ve used in the past for fork upgrades.

After some discussion with them, I’ve decided to go with their AK-20 Axxion Cartridge Kit (AK20T-Street Triple)

I also just bought some new Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa II’s

I’m very excited about this bike, and I’m considering starting a “Build Thread” for it. The exhaust purchase price ($1800) has left some money on the table for upgrades - which are always a ton of fun!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts