Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Abs is optional for the base model and included for the R model. It can be turned off (though it turns back on each time you start the bike).

No mention of traction control, wheelie control or anything else as was speculated in the other thread.

·
Registered
24 Posts
From the little time I've had on a '12 st3r then accidental wheelies and wheel spin wasn't a problem. So I'm not too bummed about those features missing.

·
Registered
632 Posts
motorcycle usa has a write up on it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
It looks better than I thought it would. Not a big fan of the exhaust. I wonder how much it will go up in price with standard ABS? It looks like both the regular and the R get ABS standard?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I actually like it. That white R spec looks tasty! I don't know what all the vitriol is about with the new rear swing-arm, doesn't bother me at all. I like the contrast of the red against the white as well.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Official Triumph 2013 Street Triple document

Here it is straight from the Triumph source. File attached. Loving that 'R'

Attachments

·
Registered
926 Posts
I like the new wheels, seat shape is ok. The stock exhaust looks horrid but most do. I'm glad that the engine isn't changed, I'd have been pissed if it had more power. I hope that the new passenger peg's swap onto my 12's subframe, they look much better with the low exhaust than mine do.

·
Registered
21 Posts
From the little time I've had on a '12 st3r then accidental wheelies and wheel spin wasn't a problem. So I'm not too bummed about those features missing.
So what do you say for someone who is considering... Get the 12' or wait for the 13'?

I just got a quote for a 2012 R with arrow slip ons, rear sets, ohlins suspension, belly pan, grab rail, fly screen kit & visor, carbon front mudguard plus rear hugger for 13k otd. Should I pull the trigger or wait lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
My DanMotos and Shorai battery dropped more weight than the new bike! The frame has been tweaked a bit but looks much the same as the old one. The swingarm is new to make room for the low exhaust. IMO it is a fine racy looking naked bike; people can go to the aftermarket for a replacement pipe if they want to but the stock exhaust looks fine if you want quiet operation. I didn't think they would try and up the power too much cos it would be at the expense of the strong powerband. Light weight is so important for handling ease and Triumph has the right idea. - Wayne :)

1 - 20 of 73 Posts