Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The kids are grown and not my responsibility anymore. So, after a 38 year break I have a motorcycle again. I was inspired after trying my daughters Triumph Scrambler to get something similar so I went out and got a Bonneville T100 . Occasionally I ride it to work and on those days I would be happy if work were further away. Otherwise I have just been riding a little in the local canyons here in SoCal. I hope to take some longer trips once I get the skills and gear to feel comfortable on a longer trip.

·
Administrator
19,458 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and welcome back to motorcycling!

The Bonnevilles are iconic, spirited, and well made. Simply stunning and fun! I have been thinking of adding one to the stable, as I think I need something a bit less aggressive than my two Trumpets for casual rides and riding through town. And the aftermarket support is amazing.

The Air Cooled Twins Talk forum is where you can connect with other Bonneville riders. Introduce yourself there, post photos of your T100, and join the banter.

http://www.triumphrat.net/air-cooled-twins-talk/

You list an XL883 as your other motorcycle. I learned to ride on one of those. I thought I needed a bigger motorcycle and traded it in for a Road King after just one year of riding. I quickly wished I had kept it. It was such a fun motorcycle to ride. I remember it fondly. A good, simple Harley.

Cheers!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts