Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
30,309 Posts
Yep, the one with the alloy wheels will run tubeless, jen - you - wine tubeless with no tubes in and everything.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Considering doing a straight swap for my spoked wheels, will the new 09 alloy wheels fit an 08 Bonneville Black?

·
30,309 Posts
Several people are interested in doing that. As far as I know, the forks are unchanged, so the new wheel *should* fit, but if you do it, chances are you will need not just a new wheel, but the front spindle, all the spacers and a a new mudguard (otherwise it will look odd). The brake disc on the SE is different in appearance, but I don't know if it is dimensionally different, and if the brake caliper is any different.

So before you do it, you should go and eye up the front forks on an SE very carefully, to make sure everything will fit. Chances are it will, and anything can be made to work if you are prepared to find a mchine shop and figure out bracketry and so on.

Just go look it all over very carefully is all I'm saying, and bear in mind that it's not just the wheel you need to consider, but anything the wheel interacts with.

Having said that - go and do it, and post the results - lead the way for others to follow! :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts