Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
G'Day Mot,

What're you doing over here?

How do you get a full piccie of that beauty. It's a bit secret strangely, not much evidence of it on the web. Nearly elusive as a lotto win. Hasn't it been fully unveiled yet?

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still in production..I beleive they have finished the frame and are now in consultation with Dymag for the wheels I've notified Jim the man behind the project that I've linked his site here so you never know he might pop in with an update or two !

Oh and I turned left instead of right at the Welcome Center and got a bit lost...I get confused easily these days...I'll head back to the T3 corner I feel it's safer for us all if I do ;-)

Cheers
Mot

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
C'mon Mot, your posts are some of the most valuable on the site; for T3 owners anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
Could Churchill's "riddle that's wrapped up in a mystery inside an enigma" be... how come they don't dazzle us with a photo? I guess those are impressive parts though, especially the "lump".

·
Premium Member
6,462 Posts
Thanks for posting Mot, I really like the philosophy behind using a great street engine without zillions of bhp but making the handling & suspension top notch. A very usable bike, if likely way beyond my budget!

H

·
0 Posts
Each time I see an individual or small company spend countless hours and lots of money making a Triumph liter type bike and asking an arm and a leg for it I am left to wonder why Triumph itself doesn't just put a fairing on a Speed Triple and tell us it is a new Daytona.

Or better yet just hop up an 800 Tiger and put fairing on it?
As all Triumphs are built on a mixed assembly line they would just have to sell these "specials" then plug em into the line. Parts bin bikes have made many a dollar for Ducati and we Triumph lovers would get a new sport bike to flaunt around.
Just wishing I guess. Nice post and thanks. Hap

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
I want something like a lighter Sprint. That 800 engine hopped up would do nicely. I don't think I'll get it though. Supposedly sport tourers aren't selling. The GT will be here for 2012 and then that seems like that's it for Triumph on sport tourers. We aren't even sure anymore if that 1200 Trophy is coming out now, are we?

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
I think the bike looks good.

And, HAP, I think Triumph won't throw a fairing on the Speed Triple and call it a Daytona because it would be too slow. The Speed Triple's 133 hp is a lot but compared to today's liter bikes, which are nudging 200 hp, it isn't enough. Unless Triumph can somehow find 70 hp, a 1050 Daytona would be woefully uncompetitive.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
I think the bike looks good.

And, HAP, I think Triumph won't throw a fairing on the Speed Triple and call it a Daytona because it would be too slow. The Speed Triple's 133 hp is a lot but compared to today's liter bikes, which are nudging 200 hp, it isn't enough. Unless Triumph can somehow find 70 hp, a 1050 Daytona would be woefully uncompetitive.
This is true, but it would be an appealing bike to someone like me. Especially the new Speed Triple R.

·
Super Moderator
21,224 Posts
... I am left to wonder why Triumph itself doesn't just put a fairing on a Speed Triple and tell us it is a new Daytona .....
Because it would be making less hp than the last 955 Daytona that ceased production over 5 years ago. Wouldn't think they would like to show that much backward 'progress'.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Many people (me incl.) is waiting for a new superbike from Triumph. My thoughts on this:
- the last superbike from Triumph was 955 Daytona introduced many years ago so they have to begin from a clean piece of paper with the chassis and technologies like APRC from Aprilia
- the 1050 engine is basically stroked 955 and to be honest, about 140ps has too little power for a superbike.
- that said, a new engine needs to be developed. It should reflect today's technologies and should produce about 190-200ps. If you look at the competitors like BMW S1000 or Ducati 1199, the engine must be very powerful
- besides the company should join WSBK with the new superbike to support market success

IMHO the Triumph will not spend that much money to build a new 1000cc superbike.

H

·
0 Posts
The bikes we are looking at are 1050 bikes and that doesn't seem to bother folks. My suggestion was for Triumph tp to use extra, spare and left overs to create their own 1050 special edition and reap the rewards them selves.

Having 2 1999 955s and one 02 example I realize that nothing built today by Triumph is as fast in their 1050 range as those old babies.

I really don't believe Triumph will develope and create another 1000cc bike as the market is getting smaller every year for the superbike and the R&D to create one may never be recovered. But there are those who would like a superbike from Triumph with ABS, Traction control, better forks and shocks and frankly a little less pork.

The first Big Daytonas in 97-98 stuttered badly, the 02 was much better but never did Triumph compete with HP and speed with the UJM and European superbikes yet folks bought them. If little companies can find a market for updating a Daytona why shouldn't Triumph benifit from that need?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I applaud them for their intent.

I wonder if they've considered styling the bike like this,

or maybe this,

or even this :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts