Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an 08 Thruxton. This is my first new school Triumph. I admit to know nothing about new bikes. I just needed a new trustworthy daily rider, and it had to be a Trump. I wanted to know when I replace the exhaust on the bike what will need to be done? I know if it was a carburated bike it would need to be rejetted. Also the air box eliminator kit I see everybody use, anything elese need to be done when this is installed? Does the bikes "computer" automatically compensate for this? Sorry for my newbie questions.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Just bought an 08 Thruxton. This is my first new school Triumph. I admit to know nothing about new bikes. I just needed a new trustworthy daily rider, and it had to be a Trump. I wanted to know when I replace the exhaust on the bike what will need to be done? I know if it was a carburated bike it would need to be rejetted. Also the air box eliminator kit I see everybody use, anything elese need to be done when this is installed? Does the bikes "computer" automatically compensate for this? Sorry for my newbie questions.
Hi meanmopar - don't worry most of asked the newbie questions at some point.
As for your 08, it's carbed therefore there's no computer. Simply choose what type of after-market pipes you want (Predators/D&Ds/TORs etc etc) combined with whatever type of air box elimination you go with (full airbox removal/snorkel only etc etc) and that will determine what rejetting is required. It is different for each setup but you'll find a lot of good info in this link:
http://www.triumph-bonneville.com/images/Carb Jetting Info 2007.pdf
This subject has been discussed at length in many threads so it'd be useful to do some searches too & read up as much as you can.
Feel free to PM me or post more if you have any other questions - there are a ton of well informed & qualified riders on this forum
Good luck
Steve

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know little about new bikes, but as far as I do know my 08 Thruton is fuel injected, and just has throttle bodies to look like carbs. So my questions still remain......

·
Registered
404 Posts
I know little about new bikes, but as far as I do know my 08 Thruton is fuel injected, and just has throttle bodies to look like carbs. So my questions still remain......
If it's EFI then it'll need to be remapped which the dealer can do - you could do it yourself with the right software etc. It must be a late 08 model then as they only introduced them late in 08 as far as I know?

·
Registered
40 Posts
unless he's in the UK, which if i'm not mistaken, the 08's were EFI. Whereas the US only got EFI in 09. I could be wrong though.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts