Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I purchased my new 06 Tiger last week and i love it. The headlights were way out of wack though. I ended up doing the adjustments myself after the dealer had a crack at it. Anyone else with a similar exp[erience. By the way, my first new bike ever.
Also, I've noted some comments about the oil burning?? What's the go here? I was lead to believe the 955i motor was bullet proof!!!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Welcome aboard. The motor is bullet proof whether it uses or oil or not. Most people do not have the problem just a few select ones of us. I could care less on mine. 41,000 miles of the insanely hard riding (the snow storm I got caught in the other day was over the top however) with nary a hitch.

You will love it,
Fred

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome! I have an 06 for a few months now, about 4000 miles. No oil burning.
Headlights - I had to lift them by a few turns and spread them. That worked well. Am now planning on installing Hella FF50 additional lights (they are sold in pairs in fog or driving lens. I worked a deal to get one fog, one driving; I figured that'll best for a motorcycle. Will mount them on Thunderbike crashbars).
Get the aftermarket tune installed!!! Read my post in the chat, title was something like "Dyno truth; tunes and race-cans", a few months back. There were dyno charts and A/F ration graphs included. The stock "environmental" tune is way too lean. You notice that fan come on too often? That's why!
Ride it and have a blast!

jaak

·
Registered
65 Posts
+ 1 on the "off-road' tune install! Had the new tune installed on my new '06 last month.
It really wakes up the beast. Now I have a problem keeping the front wheel on the ground...

Still ridin' here in the GWN!

·
Registered
27 Posts
On 2007-01-26 09:28, cbxtc6 wrote:
+ 1 on the "off-road' tune install! Had the new tune installed on my new '06 last month.
It really wakes up the beast. Now I have a problem keeping the front wheel on the ground...

Still ridin' here in the GWN!/quote]are you running the standard can

1 - 6 of 6 Posts