Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a yellow 06 with 452 miles on it. Found it a a Yamaha dealer who got it on a trade. Dealer says his service dept. went through the hole bike checked everything, changed oil etc.

Don't know how the previous owner broke in the bike, hope he didn't beat it to hard.

Do you guys think I should take it to a Triumph dealer anyway to have the 500 mile service done?

What grade of fuel do you guys use?

What oil do you all use?

Anything I should look out for when I pick the bike up this Saturday?

Any help would be appreciated. :)

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Just make sure it has full synthetic oil in it now, break in oil is a semi synthetic.

Bike runs fine on 87 octane

You will get a hundred different answers on oil brand. But mobil 1 4xt is good.

The main thing you need to look for when leaving the dealership is the police, coz u will be breaking the law very soon. :-D

·
Registered
74 Posts
89octane is recommended by the book so that's what you should use. anything more is wasting money. that said, i use 93 because i'm running a touch lean and i don't wanna inadvertantly break anything till i get a retune for my pipe. (this week hopefully!)

oil is mobil1 4t racing oil from the triumph dealer cause i don't feel like ordering fancy shmancy oil from the intarweb.

look out for cops! seriously. tickets get expensive.

with a 2 year warranty with more than a year left, i'd not worry too much about the previous owner's break in procedure. but i beat the hell outta mine...

edit: wow, limey, we made the same "joke" at the same time... maybe it's not a joke...

[ This message was edited by: hoostine on 2007-03-08 22:07 ]

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
gjnockie,

Welcome aboard! You'll love your Speedy and with only 452 miles on the clock, it hasn't been hurt! Congrats!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback.

I also noticed 2 aluminum rivets on the right side of the frame up by the steering head that looks like it should have a vin plate!

Do all of your bikes have a vin plate at this location?

·
Registered
345 Posts
On 2007-03-09 05:57, gjnockie wrote:
Thanks for the feedback.

I also noticed 2 aluminum rivets on the right side of the frame up by the steering head that looks like it should have a vin plate!

Do all of your bikes have a vin plate at this location?
we all have that but the VIN is really stamped close by on the frame

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
yep, same here, no actual vin plate there. Welcome to the looney bin, although yer one of the sane one's seeing as how ya went with yeller. If ya didn't already know, it's the fastest color. :wink: :-D

·
Registered
484 Posts
Bike is sold on 6 continents. Some markets have different requirements than others regarding VINs and emissions :-D

In NA we have the vin stamped on the right side of the steering head and printed on the compliance label on the left side

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yeah I would get a Yamaha to get rid of a yellow S3 also

:pkit:

Just kidding......its slower than the rest but its still an S3

:-D

·
Registered
219 Posts
Don't foget to get a good lawyer on retainer. Tickets are inevitable on these bikes. Beating is priceless!

Oil, check ups, and farkles don't really matter WHEN you get caught breakin' the law... because you will. :-D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts