Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure exactly what I'm going to do - I kinda make things up as I go along. I did score another (stock) fuel tank this weekend. I will get the frame powdercoated a new color.

Motor - porting, matching, flowing and bigger valves, high compression forged pistons, cams and flat slides. Ignition upgrades and a 9000 RPM set-up, billet intakes and some dyno runs to get it all dailed in.

Another thing I want to do is try and clean up and hide/eliminate alot of wiring, clean up the switch gear on the bars , hide the wiring better, etc.

Got a bunch of ideas I'm looking at and trying to source. Should be a fun winter project. JCW :hammer:

·
Registered
959 Posts
On 2006-11-18 14:12, Thrux-ton-up wrote:
open in the garage...everything just falls off
Good luck :-D :cool:

Steve, gears :yayyy: :chug:

·
Registered
421 Posts
We want weekly updates. This is the type of story and work I love to follow along and see the ride.

On 2006-11-19 07:15, Thrux-ton-up wrote:
Not sure exactly what I'm going to do - I kinda make things up as I go along. I did score another (stock) fuel tank this weekend. I will get the frame powdercoated a new color.

Motor - porting, matching, flowing and bigger valves, high compression forged pistons, cams and flat slides. Ignition upgrades and a 9000 RPM set-up, billet intakes and some dyno runs to get it all dailed in.

Another thing I want to do is try and clean up and hide/eliminate alot of wiring, clean up the switch gear on the bars , hide the wiring better, etc.

Got a bunch of ideas I'm looking at and trying to source. Should be a fun winter project. JCW :hammer:

·
Registered
226 Posts
But no big bore? How about the BC cylinder head?
What a great monster that'll be!
When I make it to 10k miles, my plan is to do the complete cylinder head, big bore, cam, intake and carb combo to achieve the 100 rwhp goal.
With any luck, it'll be some time next fall.
Look forward to seeing your progress, you always have a nice bike.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Fascinating John! Look forward to the updates - I think a number of us are extremely thankful for your development work. I hope to follow your example as soon as I'm happy with my handling and braking on my Thruxton. Many more laps seem to be necessary. My thoughts are similar to yours but I was thinking of big bore with may be a less aggressive cam/timing set up. Have to get the breathing right though... Good luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts