Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a ride with a friend. Her 2014 TBird had no neutral light, would die with the kickstand down. It ran at idle. But above idle it'll bog down. Is this just the gear position sensor, or is it more?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Im not familiar with this bike at all but there are a few things that I think would need to be clarified.

-Does the bike die with the kick stand down when its in gear? or does it die even if its in neutral?

-It runs at idle but bogs down above idle. Is that with the kickstand up or down? In neutral or in gear? Generally, kick stands dont make the engine bog down, its more like an engine shut off switch that instantly kills the engine.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Went for a ride with a friend. Her 2014 TBird had no neutral light, would die with the kickstand down. It ran at idle. But above idle it'll bog down. Is this just the gear position sensor, or is it more?
If the engine cuts out with the side stand down and there is no neutral light if the bike is in neutral then that definitely sounds like the gear position sensor.
The other fault may be unrelated but will need more information.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In neutral the bike will die if the kickstand is down.
With the clutch in the bike will rev fine. Under load (in gear riding) just off idle it will bog down.
How hard is it to get to the GPS? On my Rockets it's right behind the motor and very accessible.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I agree, bogging down and sensor issues are different. First thing you should check to fix the bogging issue is the MAP tubes. Even a slight leak effects the throttle response just off idle. Mine is a 2010 and my guess is everybody with a 2010 had to replace or modify their MAP tubes. I'm assuming it's the same PIA tubes on the 2014. That should have been an easy fix for Triumph. Equal length single piece tubing with tubing clamps at the sensors and throttle bodies is the best way to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts