Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Neutral Light on my 95 Sprint will not come on once the bike is warmed up. Yesterday the bike would not idle right while being warmed upped. I noticed that the Neutral light was flickering and raised the side stand. Once the side stand was raised the bike idled great. So, I removed the kick stand switch for a temporary solution to the problem.
Is there any adjustments for the Neutral light that doesn't involve more then a few hours of labor?

·
Registered
26 Posts
There is an interlock to stop you riding off with the sidestand down. So, if you are in gear (ie not neutral) and the sidestand is down the bike is stalled.

The other interlock is the clutch must be in to start the bike.

So you should be able to start the bike with the sidestand down if the bike is in neutral, but if the neutral switch is intermittent then it may cause stalling.

My neutral light does the same thing. Ive a spare waiting to fix, but am waiting till laid up before replacing. Somebody posted a reply for me about fixing it by just removing the washer which allows the switch to go deeper in the engine and get a better contact. Try a search to find.

Hope this helps.

Whatever, I think its nothing but a pain. Has anybody got any ideas what electrical mods can be done to rip the whole lot out? All I want is a neutral light not the interlocks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All I want is the light. For the moment the kickstand interlock switch has been rotated out of the way of the kickstand. No more dying with the kickstand down because of no neutral light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts