Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have these Norman Hyde TX Mufflers .

but thinking about buying a set of TORs. Which ones do you think look better on a Bonneville. I know I will loose alittle sound w/ the TORs.

Mike

·
Registered
913 Posts
I've never seen those... I like em! They're different & it's good to be different. :cool:

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Toga, Toga, Toga

Larry

·
Registered
151 Posts
I went with specialty spares on mine and got rid of the kink :cool: .they are just a little loud but I love them.
pete

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I loved my Predators. Great looking, great sounding, beautifully made.

Didn't like my TORs. Too quiet.

Don't have any experience with the others, except i've heard D&D's in person and hated the sound. Too loud, too rhaspy and harsh. And they need to be repacked.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
EMGO's are the least expensive. I purchased the newbonneville Sprint pipes about 2-years ago and have been very pleased with them. The pipes are EMGO and the mounting brackets are made in England.
I've experienced no problems sofar and in my opinion the mfg of the pipes and chrome job is on par with others I've seen.

Shorty

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am a huge fan of the TOR's. After about 1000 miles on them (a little carbon buildup) they sound awesome, and they don't take away from the "look" of the bonneville.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I heard some TORs recently and was pleasantly surprised. When we rolled out of the neighborhood, his bike sounded like a traditional Bonnie and mine sounded....... embarrassingly loud.

I used to think the TORs were too quiet, though not what I want, they don't sound bad at all. I am in fear of getting pulled over for my pipes someday; with a set of TORs, I don't think a guy would have to worry about creating TOO MUCH noise. And there's something to be said for that.....

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
On 2007-02-04 08:42, road_dog wrote:
Mike,

IMO, no doubt Staintune reverse cones are the best looking (and best all around) silencers available...
I agree. The Hyde TX IMO are butt ugly, but thats just MO. My fav are the dunstalls.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
My only complaint about the TORs is the same complaint I have about the stockers: the level attitude of the pipes really accentuates the unsightly kink in the transition from the headers to the mufflers. I find that any pipe with a bit of upsweep looks better than the stock arrangement (assuming that the stock headpipes are retained). I've used both the Thruxton pipes and the BellaCorse Teardrops and liked the look on both. I like your TX mufflers excepting the long hangers (though that is a traditional feature from back in the day).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts