Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A fellow rider ran into me today while i was riding. He hit the left side of me and broke the rearset (the shift lever is still intact). Then the bike fell over on the right side and broke the front brake lever. Do any other bike parts fit those, or do you know what other years/models that will fit it. My bike is a 2003 Daytona 955i.

Thanks for any help you can provide me. I just got the fuel issue fixed and now I can't ride till I get the front brake lever and left rearset bracket replaced.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hey, could you be a tiny bit LESS chaotic and tell us where you are?

The dealer closest to you should be able to order parts, or you should be able to buy parts online and have them sent to you.

All the best,

Linz :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Depending on the other guys bike, maybe he will give you a few parts, since he owes you. If not, kick his ass and take them! :)

TangoMike

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm hoping to avoid the dealer. That's why i was asking about what other parts might fit my bike. A rearset bracket, just the bracket, from triumph is a little over $100. The brake lever is $80 something. There isn't much on ebay for my specific bike, but if other triumph parts will fit, i can broaden my search.

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Chaotic9, For the rearset you may be stuck with the dealer (semi model year specific). The owner of the '02 DSSA found a Lockhart-Phillips replacement lever a while back, no info on it tho'.

Brad

·
Super Moderator
22,106 Posts
Brake lever - almost any Suzuki, kawasaki, Honda lever will work - they all use the same Nissin master cylinder (before Radial masters of course)

Rearset - any of the 97+ Speed Triples or Daytona should fit the frame. There are some subtle differences in configuration however (some use linkage rod, others have the pedal directly on the shaft)

I may have that bracket left over after my Rizoma rearset swap - let me check out my 'box o bits'

Edit - no left rearset - sorry. Have the right one but think I sold off the other a long time back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts