Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for reference material to put all of the pieces back where they go. Can someone take clear closeup pictures of their Thruxton's electrical bits under the side covers and seat? I'm trying to mate a Bonneville America wiring harness to a Thruxton frame, and I'm having trouble visualizing how some of these wires should route.

THANKS!

http://www.triumphrat.net/modules.p...m&file=viewtopic&topic=64418&forum=21&start=0

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Geeeeeesss, I don't know why :???:
Man ...... that looks like an electrical nightmare.
Good luck
Bill

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
90% of those connectors end up inside the headlight.

The fuse box/panel is under the R side cover, the turn signal modulator is under the L side cover.

just what I can remember off the top of my head.

Here's all the junk in the headlight:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow brother you gots yourself a heck of a knot to untie there.

Most of the conectors on those harnesses will only match up with

correct component. If i'm thinking right you should have a little

slick in some of them due to the lenght difference of the America

and Thrux.

Just get in there and start plugin away. YOU may find a

cleaner way to run some of them. I might try getting some

metal cable tubing and run some of it under the tank.

Good luck and God speed!!!!

[ This message was edited by: ramblinfool on 2006-12-09 22:50 ]

·
Registered
666 Posts
What they said as far as hooking it back up, I would want to have the manual on hand just for the wiring diagram but otyherwise.....you can do it...

My question is how did your wiring harness get on an oak table??????

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man, it took a week to get a response. I almost gave up on you guys! :-D

Vertwrks, I have the wiring harness out so I can put it into a new chassis:
CLICK HERE

I got the factory manual 3 weeks ago, spread the wiring harness on the kitchen table and started tagging everything. It's all there except for a hot wire to the tach since the Bonneville America doesn't have a tach.

Sweat is right, most of the connectors end up inside the headlight. I got those lined up, stretched it across the frame and clipped the fusebox and starter solenoid onto the airbox. Now the ignitor box and relays hang under the fuel tank, and the keyswitch will need to move somewhere around the airbox. The reg/rec will have to move from the forks to the rear of the motor, maybe underneath the swingarm?

The generator, neutral switch and crank position sensor wires are running under the motor now, which cleans it up quite a bit.

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
JEB, if you get stuck let me know, I'll ride up to DFW and we can park my bike next to yours and use it as a reference.

'sides, you have enough toys in your garage to keep my mind occupied for a couple of hours at least!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts