Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well , what a day, beautiful sunshine so let's ride, start out great, really enjoying pleasurable ride so thought, might ride into the city. just cruising along when a cage driven by a young female decided to drive & turn across in front of me without giving way. hey I saw her and thought, yeah she stopping then she just continued into my path.
locked up everything and almost came to a halt but made contact with her door pillar bringing me down hard ! ouch, her mirror crumples into my chest, my jaw & helmet thumps into the window.
all I can think of is my beautiful new bike, laying crumpled on top of me.
any way, all's ok, no real damage to me apart from soreness all over and a jaw that feels like I've been king hit !
so the bike is to my surprise not too bad, but I need some new bits.
hoping someone out there has some ideas or bits not being used. got a few prices from Triumph locally but I'll need to rob a bank just for the headlamp assembly !

Thankfully I was able to ride it home, wheel has a very slight buckle, not sure how to have that fixed, handle bars need a slight adjustment to point straight ahead, guess that's fairly simple ?

I need :
I x blinker complete,
2 x headlamp brackets Black,
1 x chrome headlamp complete, dome, rim, lamp retainer and light it's self. very costly ex triumph parts- AU $680
1 x front mudguard full size black

if any one has any of these parts or know where I might get them cheaper I'd really appreciate your help.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
11,072 Posts
Isn't her insurance picking up the bill? In that case, just order all new parts, and a new helmet for your trouble.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Not sure what the laws are in Australia but here in the states she would be picking up the bill. Might be a good time to look into putting on aftermarket turn signals if you've had a mind to change them. I think Emgo makes a better lens and headlight bucket than the stock one. Glad to here you got away with just soreness and bruising. Watch out for the cagers because they sure aren't watching out for us.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Insurance?

I don't know about the laws in AU but shouldn't her insurance be picking up the tab to fix your bike? I couldn't tell much from the pic but your forks don't look too good to me. I would be wanting everything put back at least as well as it was before the wreck. If your helmet took a lick too as you described, a new helmet is in order as well. I would also make sure that I did not have any injuries that have not shown up yet. Sometimes it takes some time for injuries to show up. Don't sell yourself short because of someone else's carelessness. I don't believe in taking more than I deserve but I don't want to be taken advantage of either.

Pops

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I don't know about the laws in AU but shouldn't her insurance be picking up the tab to fix your bike? I couldn't tell much from the pic but your forks don't look too good to me. I would be wanting everything put back at least as well as it was before the wreck. If your helmet took a lick too as you described, a new helmet is in order as well. I would also make sure that I did not have any injuries that have not shown up yet. Sometimes it takes some time for injuries to show up. Don't sell yourself short because of someone else's carelessness. I don't believe in taking more than I deserve but I don't want to be taken advantage of either.

Pops
thanks Pops,
good advise, forks don't seem touched, if anything maybe askew a touch, like would happen when we used to crash our push bikes as kids :) but I will have them looked at for sure. helmet all ok, my retro flying style goggles :) which were on the top of helmet took a bang but only a small dent on frame of them. I really was lucky I was not traveling at speed when we hit, most of the forward movement was gone when I hit the door, I almost thought I was going to escape any impact, maybe the slow motion effect that occures during an event such as this, tricked me ? then when I hit the inertia of movement wrenched the steering away & propelled me forward enough to impact with the cars side mirror and window. still abit sore in places, & on the mend, but counting my blessing I'm a fit old bastard :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
I do hope she is insured. You sound as if you are taking of the damage yourself. Hope all goes well. Pops gave good advice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts