Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have here a silencer EMGO
Bumper Auto part Muffler Exhaust system Automotive exterior
It is very loud.I want to put here such piece
Auto part
Who can tell how to do it ? It is advisable to detail
Thank you in advance

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
You can add the extra baffle near the inlet of the muffler.
I wanted to reduce the sound and increase the back pressure of my aftermarket mufflers by a small amount. I used a short baffle, actually cut it down, and installed near the inlet of the mufflers. I drilled the needed hole low and on the inside of the muffler as that area is not seen.

Worked very well, small but desired reduction in sound.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the answer!
There are two questions .
Why I put it on in the muffler inlet ?
The discrepancy between the diameters and the presence of free space between the tubes does not affect the work?

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Thanks for the answer!
There are two questions .
The discrepancy between the diameters and the presence of free space between the tubes does not affect the work?
I did the same thing as matty mo did, but wondered the same thing you did. The different diameters and resulting air gap do not seem to hurt anything in the way of disrupting a smooth and seamless exhaust entry, and actually sound pretty good. Of course a dyno would be the only way to prove this out, which I did not do. When you google these things, hundreds of them come up, and if you are diligent, could probably find one that fits snugly inside the end of the exhaust header itself. Can't tell you off hand what the inside diameter of the header pipe is, but a good set of calipers would tell you that. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
That is where I had room. I could not pull the perforated core pipe out of my mufflers.

Maybe you can find a baffle that will slide into you mufflers removable baffle? They are available in several diameters.
Previous mufflers I used had a reducer cone type restrictor that feed a larger chamber feeding the wrapped perforated core pipe. Had my dyno-tune done with those mufflers. Changed to the current mufflers that flow even more air. Lost a bit of oomph in mid range response. I believe adding the extra baffle "tuned" the mufflers closer to the custom tune I am running and mid range response returned to what I was used to.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the same Emgo cocktail shakers, I bought 7" long baffles just like your second picture from eBay, my Emgo has an internal diameter of 48mm or 2" at the very end, ordered 48mm Emgo baffles, they fitted straight in and use the Emgo bolt hole already there. I have wrapped mine with baffle wrap sheet (also from eBay) and kept in place with stainless Cable ties. It lowered the loudness of the pipes dramatically, no more banging headaches when riding, but it still makes a lovely rumble, will take some photos and upload them too this thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts