Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sadly sold my 2000 RS in November 2006 but gladly bought a Brand new sprint ST as a replacement, "***** but it's good".

I was bought a Scottoiler for xmas and have only just got round to fitting it.

This evening I cranked up the heater in my garage with designs on fitting the Scottoiler, and came to a complete halt.

Can I find the bolts to remove the seat, can I bollocks.
I have read various posts on the bolts being awkward to replace once they have been taken out, but where the hell are they???.

Can someone help please :???: :???: :???:

·
Registered
192 Posts
With a firm hand grasp the back of the seat next to the grab rail. Pull towards the front of the bike to expose the screws. You will need a medium philips screw driver tilted at an angle pointing towards the front tire so to speak. After you get it off some posters have told of just leaving out the screws. Personally I HIGHLY recommend the Corbin seat for this bike. It has a key operated ; side mounted lock operation that makes removal a 5 second job. Not to mention the comfort increase for you and especially your passenger. I got mine with the carbon effects and the carbon fiber backed backrest and it looks awesome...KEO

[ This message was edited by: keo1050 on 2007-02-14 14:59 ]

·
Registered
407 Posts
dickieshep-Just pull back the back of the seat and there are two small bolts. Take those out and you will be able to pull the seat back and out. I just leave them off, the seat won't go anywhere. Good luck! Hope that helps and congrats on the new bike.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

It's easy when you know how :razz: :razz: :wink:

Keo1050, managed to blag a gel seat in the deal, thanks for the advice though.

[ This message was edited by: dickieshep on 2007-02-14 15:21 ]

·
Registered
192 Posts
No problem. Hey let me know how the gel seat works out. Would have gone that way myself if not for the backrest concern. My wife likes to go on weekend roadtrips at least once a month.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts