Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I've been wanting to replace my "eybrow" tank badge with the more classic
"Grill" type tank badge for quite sometime. However, I'm having trouble locating these badges now. Does anyone know where I might be able to get a couple?

Thank you for your time!

Chris

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Tank badges

Just use the search function either on the board or on the internet and plenty of places will pop up for you......Newbonneville and Bella Corse sometimes have badges as well. Look around on the classifieds as well, you'll find em somewhere....

·
Registered
585 Posts
Triumph.co.uk used to sell them, don't know if they still do. They are pricey, though: In excess of $100 for the pair IIRC.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Baxter Cycle in Marne, Iowa most likely will be able to help you. They restore old Triumphs as well as sell new ones. Here's a link and their phone number is on top of the first page (I wish other sites were that thoughtful). They've been doing this for a long time.

http://www.baxtercycle.com/

For the rest of you checking out the vintage bikes and what they're asking should be a treat.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The part number for the set I got about 3 weeks ago is A9758043. They list for around $100.00 as others have noted. I was able to guilt my dealer into a discount since I recently bought the bike. Here is a picture of the badge. Good luck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
The part number for the set I got about 3 weeks ago is A9758043. They list for around $100.00 as others have noted. I was able to guilt my dealer into a discount since I recently bought the bike. Here is a picture of the badge. Good luck!

I forgot to mention that these are the screw on type on a Scrambler.You should probably check to see if they will fit on your Speedmaster.

Rob

·
Registered
241 Posts
Your bike looks great. Did you have any trouble replacing the badges, or did you have the dealership do it for you? I've heard that the stock badges leave behind a lot of adhesive that is a pain to remove.... but this is probably less of an issue when the bike is still almost brand new.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Your bike looks great. Did you have any trouble replacing the badges, or did you have the dealership do it for you? I've heard that the stock badges leave behind a lot of adhesive that is a pain to remove.... but this is probably less of an issue when the bike is still almost brand new.

Hey Bullet, Thanks for the compliment. My badges were very easy to change. In fact from now on I'll pull them off whenever I wax the tank. There was no adhesive whatsoever. You just need a T25 tamper free torx bit to remove the mounting screws. You can get a set of these at Autozone, Advance Auto parts etc.

Rob

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hey Bullet, Thanks for the compliment. My badges were very easy to change. In fact from now on I'll pull them off whenever I wax the tank. There was no adhesive whatsoever. You just need a T25 tamper free torx bit to remove the mounting screws. You can get a set of these at Autozone, Advance Auto parts etc.

Rob
Hey Rob,

Thanks for the response. I know this of getting of the main subject here, but what kind of wax do you use on your bike? I have no idea what's best.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey Rob,

Thanks for the response. I know this of getting of the main subject here, but what kind of wax do you use on your bike? I have no idea what's best.
Any good carnauba wax will do the trick. Easy on. Easy off. Good shine. Good protection. I usually use Meguiar's. I try to stay away from "cleaner waxes". A lot of them have abrasives.

There seems to be an infinite variety of products out there to revitalize finishes. I won't try to pretend to know a lot about them. There are probably a lot of people here who can explain their uses.

Rob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts