Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the kind where the women dance around the brass poles (I already know where all of those in my town are), rather some to put on my '04 Bonneville. I'd like to find some that are lower than the stock bars, but not so low that they would require shorter cables. Can anyone suggest anything?

·
Registered
909 Posts
I have a set of 30" (I think) drag bars on mine and I'm very happy with them. There was a bit of minor rearranging of the cables required and the brake hose top banjo bolt had to be repositioned to run above the reservoir lug, but it was all pretty simple to sort out and I certainly didn't need to replace any cables.
The new riding position is a vast improvement as far as both comfort and handling is concerned, although I would say the need for more progressive front fork springs has become more evident.

[ This message was edited by: keef on 2006-04-10 14:36 ]

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
I have the low cafe bars from www.newbonneville.com and like them a lot. Stock cables work great, no need to relocate or even disconnect anything. Install was about 10 mins. They are nice and low, but not so much that my wrists hurt. They are wider than stock and felt very strange at first, but now that I'm used to them I love 'em. Low enough to get out of the wind, wide enough to have good handling, and not too extreme since I can still ride one handed comfortably.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've tried four sets of bars now (three sets for sale) and found that the Norman Hyde M-bars were by far and away the best. I'm running them in the upright position now but am about to try them inverted which will lower the riding position probably another 1.5" or so. At freeway speeds I'm still fighting the wind just a bit more than I'd like... fatiguing. The M-bars have an odd bend that looks odd at first but really *works*.

RandyL
Vancouver, WA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts