Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

My bike is at the repairer, and he is trying to source the parts. As the original handle bars were damaged in the accident, I need a new set. I am after something that will go with the look of the bike, and I'm looking for ideas. I've posted some pics of the bike before the accident which hopefully will help. I cut some of the rear fender to show more of the rear tyre, and the rear shocks will be replaced with lower, 11.5 inch ones.

Please ignore the little apes in two of the pics, it just didn't look good lol but maybe a bigger set without those risers..... Or maybe a set similar to the Storm with a bit extra rise.... Anyways, I'm really keen to hear your thoughts.

I plan on purchasing the bars here: Burleigh Bars - Motorcycle handlebars for custom Harley Davidson, Victory, Choppers, Triumph, Metric Cruisers, Suzuki | Custom handlebars for custom bikes

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-F916B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Diablo Red Thruxton 1200 R
637 Posts
Heres a couple of choices, looks r important but functionality is way more important. Chopper style bars r cool but aren't made for long comfortable rides, I think a swept back style or buckhorn style bars would b more practical and sensible. Heres some examples......FTG

·
Registered
38 Posts
I like the idea of getting a t-bar as well, but I am not sure how mounting will go. At least for me, I have the commander and am told that the mounting is 4.5" center to center and there are not any tbars that have that, that I can see; they are all 3.5". I just hate the wrist angle of the factory bars... cramps up my wrists. man do I really miss my sportbike sometimes!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts