Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the correct EBC front brake rotor for the Adventurer is the ebc md642ls?
If so any ideas on where in the U.S. to get one?
Thanks
Andy

·
Premium Member
5,170 Posts
You can download a catalogue from the EBC site which lists all fitments.

I am not over impressed with EBC rotors, I bought a pair for my other bike about 3-4 months ago and at the time I thought the finish was poor- there were runs and bare patches in the paint. After a winter of use they look a real mess. If I were doing it again I would dig a little deeper and spring for the OEM rotor.

ps the number you quoted is the correct one.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ebc

I wouldn't entirely trust the EBC website as regards accuracy.
I fitted a floating disc that EBC designated as fitting a Thruxton Bonnie.
They assured me on the phone it wouldn't fit a T'bird.

Bloody well does, John.

And I agree with Slinky about EBC quality. It used to be dire, now they have improved to 'quite bad', but if you are notout in winter salt, they'd probably be ok.

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
I have had good luck with EBC rotors, no worries. It will look a bit different to stock. Bought 2 sets of them in the past.

The 96 Adverturer front rotor will be the same as the T-Bird. In '96, these bikes had the same size front wheel. Later (97/98?), the Adventurer went to a 19" front wheel. 2 wheels has an interesting angle on the floating rotor, Bonnie also has an 18" wheel like your bike. I'll bet that looks quite nice too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts