Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Bill of Sale states my T100 is a 2007 model. But Triumph has dropped the Creamcicle paint for that year. So it seems my bike is a 2006.Should I do anything? Does it matter? Is it true that human flesh tastes a lot like pork?
Um,did I write that last part out loud? :blush:

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
It is possible that Triumph let a few 2006 colors slip thru as 2007 models. I owned a 1999 BMW K1200RS in Dolphin Blue, which was a 1998 color not (supposedly) offered in 1999. However, all the paperwork from the factory indicated it was a 1999 model. You may need to check with Triumph and find out the highest serial number used on 2006 T100s. This is only a guess based on personal experience.

If you find your bike is a 2006, I think the dealer or Triumph owes you some $$.

Was it your intent to purchase a 2007, or was this an after-the-purchase discovery?

Bob

·
Banned
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanted a 2007 primarily because the dealer told me he had no more 2006 models. I realize that there is no real difference between the model years but still....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Best bet - call Triumph's US offices (the number is in the owners manual) - ask for customer service and they'll sort it out.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Don't get your "knighty" in a knot over the production date just yet.

As an example, Mazda starts their following year production in May. Ford starts in August. Find out when Triumph starts their production for the 2007's. If yours is before that production date, and sold as the next year unit, then there is an issue with DMV, and the district attorney's fraud unit.

Steve, Gears and all things with nuts and bolts

:chug:

·
Registered
138 Posts
It does'nt matter what month or year the bike was made.
The only way to tell the correct year model is to look at the VIN. The tenth digit will tell the year. If the tenth digit is 6, it's an '06 model. If the tenth digit is 7, it's an '07. Same way with cars, trucks, etc. It's the law.

·
Banned
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I checked the 10th digit of the VIN number and it's a 7. Thanks to all for your help.
As an aside: the mechanic that set up the bike put October,2008 as the month and year he did the work. :-D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Don't panic yet. My 1979 BMW was built in 1978. I verified it by VIN number.

The other folks have given you some good advice on sorting it out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts