Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a '03 speed triple that i found on a salvage title. the bike had been layed down previously and, due to a dime sized hole on the radiator, was totaled out buy insurance. the bike had very little damage else where, small rash to front fork, one chip in the tank, and a scuffed muffler. anyways, i get the bike home swap out the plugs and she fires right up! take it out for a quick spin, no more than 4 miles, and it stalls on me. then it won't fire. i go right back to the plugs to make sure they weren't filed(they weren't) put the tank back on and it starts fine. take it back out the next day, again no more than a few miles and it stalls, and won't restart. repeat with the plugs, starts fine. let it idle for a few minutes, take it out, few miles, guess what?!?! stalls!! i don't know if the injectors are wetting the plugs or if the fuel lines are clogging or what. when the bike's a runnin it runs like a top, no misses, no skips, nothin but power and torque. the only problem is i can't get it to start consistantly and quit fcukin stallin. any help would GREATLY be appreciated!!!!

snoball

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the plugs are dry when i take them back out. the fuel pump in the engine works fine(i found that out after an 0 ring tore). i've checked for vapor lock,no problem there. i'm baffled.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Either you have an obstruction in the line or filter, or the pump is shutting off after a brief run.

Remove all lines from the pump/filter to the fuel rail and blow through them.

If there is no obstruction, it could be the harness, the ECU, or the pump itself.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Sounds like you're either developing a vacuum in the fuel tank or there's something up with the tip over valve. I'd suspect the latter since your bike has definitely been tipped over. I seem to remember several other posts about the problem so you might want to research that.

[ This message was edited by: gr8shandini on 2007-01-26 09:40 ]

·
Registered
74 Posts
Tip over valve was my first thought as well. May want to check the tank vent tubing, correct connections, etc. Next time it stalls, immediatlely try to open the tank filler cap to see if there is a vacumn in the tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts