Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all. I wish my first post would be a better one. I am in need of an ICM for a 95 Daytona 900 speed tripple. Dealer has one for 900. Any place I can get one cheeper??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That might be what I am looking for. Thanks. I did see in the thread that one of the guys was useing a "Gill" ICM insted of the triumph one. Anyone know anything about them and where I could find some info??

·
Registered
728 Posts
I cant say for 100% certain but if the units are similar size and have the same connector..then it is likely fine to use the trophy 900 igniter. it will however have a lower rev limit. therefore your super 3 will not be as fast.
As for a Gill ECU/ECM they ARE the OEM equiptment for Triumphs.
The only aftermarket ECU/ECM are from the Ignitech link. I showed you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that will work for now. i just want get her up and running. anyone know of a place where i can send off my original one and get it fixed??

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
The Trophy unit will work, exactly as stated.

Gdsila, was that you on the green Speed Triple on the BQE around 7:30 tonight?

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
728 Posts
No It wasnt me. It seems triumphs are everywhere these days. was out yesterday 4/18 and saw a Sprint and S3 before I left staten island!:eek:
And throughout the day there were Tigers,Rockets and Bonnies everywhere.
Up at Bear Mntn somebody on a white S3 gave me such an enthusiastic thumbs up ..I thought he was going to poke my eye out...:rolleyes:
Also saw 5 trikes in a day that must be some kind of record...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts