Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time of the year again, the middle of winter and the bike show rolls into town...

I'll be there on Sunday slavering over exotic bikes and scantily clad women. Alas, no money to spend though - but it wont stop me looking :)

So who's going?

On a side note, i called in a local Triumph dealer last week to see what deal i could strike on a Sprint ST 1050. Much to my surprise they wouldn't knock a penny off the list price and insulted me with a trade in value, then - they tried to sell me a new Tiger 1050???

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'm going tomorrow preview day. Although classed as a trade day the public are freely admitted.

It costs a bit more but well worth it.

All the stars are there, lots of scantily clad girls, not to busy and everything is new.

Chris

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I can't make it, so please take lots of photos of said scantily clad women for later viewing on here - Thanks :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yes the scantily clad women will do it for me :D

So will some decent pics of the new SE, if you can get a decent shot with no numpties in the way

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I went yesterday,i'm lucky i've a wife who points out the scantly dressed women that i miss!! thats what happens after 30 years of marriage!!,never even went on the Triumph stand they don't make a bike i'm interested anymore,but i've got to go again in the week maybe i might wander passed.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Not going anymore, fed up with being ripped off, :mad: I feel that the show has gone downhill badly over the last few years, too many tradestands missing that used to be there and not enough bargans to be had. only recompence is the scantily clad women (has someone mentioned those??) and i have reached the age where anything more than a glance in there direction gets me labelled as an old letch.:D not to mention the thick ear.

For those making the trip enjoy yourselves & make sure you clean your glasses before you go in.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I went yesterday.(Preview Day) More through habit than need. Bought a couple of R&G engine case sliders. Hope they fit as they were labelled for Speed Triple and they'd no idea if they'd fit a Tiger. Managed to get £20 off and a free teeshirt - maybe he just wanted me to stop pestering and go away!

Lots of totty wandering round but the real slappers were on the "Sexy Text" stand. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
741 Posts
On a side note, i called in a local Triumph dealer last week to see what deal i could strike on a Sprint ST 1050. Much to my surprise they wouldn't knock a penny off the list price and insulted me with a trade in value, then - they tried to sell me a new Tiger 1050???

Hi Boney,

That doesn't surprise me one bit. I bumped into your local dealer at the show yesterday. He was his usual unfriendly non-charismatic self. How he sells bikes I don't know! I recommend you ride up the road to Robinsons - see Matt in sales and you'll find he talks sense.

Good Luck ;)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Chris,

How's the new Tiger? Not so new now, i bet?! Did you ever get the luggage sorted out?

As for the dealer... I should have expected it! I'll be having a look at Robinsons if i decide to trade in. Can't say i want to get shut of my bike though - i was thinking that there might be some 'too good' deals in the present financial climate!

As for the NEC, i'm sort of with BigD on this one. It's mainly habit, a day out with the mates. It'll have cost about £30 before i even buy anything, i'm looking at a 'tin top box' so i'll be asking for big discounts - What's the chances of that from Touratech? NIL...

Regards,

·
Registered
741 Posts
Hi Chris,

How's the new Tiger? Not so new now, i bet?! Did you ever get the luggage sorted out?

My "new-old" 1050 has now done 14,000 miles since April !

As for luggage I went with Triumph panniers and a Triumph tailpack. (I also have a Triumph topbox which I picked up cheap but has never been on the bike)

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I end up going about every 5 years and every time I come home saying "never again".
I reckon it's better to check the papers to get wind of which models you might be interested in. Then go to the local dealer where you should be able to get a better, longer look.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts