Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bonneville Black was my last bike and I loved it, that and the corbin seat and moding it to perfection. Never got the speed and control I wanted but as my first bike in years it was magic.

Short story SUV wanted the same turning lane I was in and no more Bonneville. 10 months and 10,540 miles; it was the best thing that every happen to me and I want a new bike. And for the question of how bad it was, 2 ribs one deflated lung and I'm mending well. If I have any great lose it's that I'm not riding now, enough said.

Speed Triple questions.
I live in Daytona Beach Florida so which insurance policy should I get. Who treats you right and how much is too much?

What's a good tank bag or rear bags for a S3?

Fly screen or after market windshield?

And is it legal to use colored lights for you bike? Strange as that sounds I saw a guy riding a bike with green tinted headlights. I notice it right away so I'm guessing other people will too. That and I want the green 2007 S3. Yeah Baby!!!

And should I get new pipes and what's good?

;)

And always wear a helmet, gloves, strong shoes and a jacket. Thats the only reason my injurys are miner, that and a safty class and good friends.

[ This message was edited by: anglen on 2006-11-29 22:48 ]

·
Registered
480 Posts
here in colorado state farm was cheapiest for me. And you definatly need a new exhaust so SUV's here you and hopefully dont come in your lane. And I think the freestreet flyscreen is best (IMO) and I think green is the best color for 2007.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Hey Anglen,

Can't help with the insurance question, but several people have recommended the Elite Seat Sak (from Luggage Locker)
as a good rear bag.

For exhausts check this thread Exhaust Summary

and this recent thread Mufflers.

Both haver lots of reading about zorsts.

The stock exhausts I found sound nice when you are riding the bike, but no one else can hear them...very quiet. Any exhaust system including Triumphs own off road pipes (which look like the stockers) will unleash a really nasty growl. Music to my ears. Definately worth doing.

Good luck with your new sled

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
The straight through Triumph'performance' cans (TORS) only sound 1/2 decibel louder than the stock cans. If you want loud look elswhere.

·
Registered
436 Posts
The green is a cool color, good choice.

Yes you will want exhaust. I just changed mine from stock and the triple sound uncorked is :upthumb:

I am in Jacksonville, where are you buying and servicing from?

Check State farm insurance, best I have found in Fl. This is an expensive state for bike insurance.

If you want bags and to haul stuff your looking at the wrong bike. The S3 only hauls a$$ and only one well.

·
Registered
377 Posts
State Farm.

Famsa Tank and Tail Bags.

F*** the flyscreen.

In Washington State and many other states, green is a legal color to have facing forward. If you are looking for it, you will notice a bright green light on the trailer of semi-trucks across the nation. In Washington, the green light can only be illuminated while the accelerator is depressed, so check your local laws. The S3 has a bulb in the headlight that allows for different colored bulb installations. It is very subtle if you choose green, blue, or orange. Red looks very illegal.

Arrow Exhaust.

·
Registered
822 Posts
On 2006-11-30 02:21, Avi8or wrote:
The straight through Triumph'performance' cans (TORS) only sound 1/2 decibel louder than the stock cans. If you want loud look elswhere.
Anglen, watch and listen to this before you decide

Sounds like an old Spitfire

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good info all, I was talking to the guy at the new "Destination Daytona" about the ride. But I purchase my last bike from "Longwood Cycle". But I'm always looking for a deal.

Green tint legal got to look that up. Very cool.

But I not getting new pipes until the wear in period is over. Should take at least a week.

I really can't wait to ride again. But I have about 2 weeks to heal first. F***

[ This message was edited by: anglen on 2006-11-30 17:15 ]

·
Registered
700 Posts
The green lights ound cool. What's a possible source for green bulbs?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't know today but I know they exsit so I'm going to find them. Can't stop now I'm on a roll.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts