Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...either Back Roads Triumph in Jacksonville, NC or Steel Dreams in Fayetteville, NC?

(I've been to Capitol BMW/Triumph in Raleigh, and after that experience they won't get one penny from me.)

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks!
XLXRider

·
Registered
105 Posts
...either Back Roads Triumph in Jacksonville, NC or Steel Dreams in Fayetteville, NC?

(I've been to Capitol BMW/Triumph in Raleigh, and after that experience they won't get one penny from me.)

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks!
XLXRider
I purchased my bike from Back Roads Triumph. Its premises are rather small and the name Back Road is very apt:).
It reminds me of small family run motorcycle dealerships back in the 70's,very personal and friendly, very fitting for a Triumph dealership (they also sell MotoGuzzi and Royal Enfield).:)

Altogether it was a good experience. Distance from me is a bit of an issue otherwise I would have no hesitation purchasing from them again.

I have not been back since my purchase as I do my own basic servicing and (touch wood) not had any problems with my bike.
Cant comment on their after sales is like but they are always ultra friendly on the phone.

Kind of wish I lived nearer as its a cool place to hang out. I will take a ride out there next year and let them do my 12000 mile service and valve check.

I think they are connected with a larger dealership which may also offer extra support if necessary.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Thanks, Janner... that is the feedback I was looking for, and hoping that it would be good. I was leaning towards Back Roads, although I am in the same boat as you are, it's a bit of a hike (50 miles) from me as well. And they sell RE, too? Hmmmm... so maybe I get a T100 for "profiling and corner carving" and an Enfield for the work commute??? (Yeah, like I have enough cash for 2 new bikes without the wife killing me!:eek:)

Merry Christmas to all who read this!

Regards,
XLXRider

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks, Em!

Thanks for the reply, Em... I couldn't find my previous post re: Capitol. When I went there - 55 miles one-way - I was roundly ignored, their phone calls - and BMW customers arriving well after I was there - were more important. After 25 minutes or so of trying to get helped, I gave up and walked out. At which point someone pretended that my money was important to that dealership... too late. Maybe I'm just too grumpy, but I will never, ever beg a vehicle dealership to take my money... particularly after a short period in which I (tragically, LOL) sold cars while I was between jobs. I wish you GOOD LUCK with that dealership. And, of course, enjoy your Triumph! :)

Regards,
XLXRider

1 - 5 of 5 Posts