Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding season here is still a few months away but a sign spring is coming is the Daytona 500 in a couple of weeks. Anyone else here follow the Cup series? Any predictions for winners, champion or maybe new rivalries?

·
Registered
271 Posts
jimmy johnson .....do you think ? jr. i hope

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
I'm not a big fan but I watch when I can. I'm more of a sports car fan. Not all left turns. Do you ever get down to Watkins Glen for that race? I flag corners there. It is fun to have those cars thunder by when you're standing at the rail. My favorite driver is Boris Said. My favorite regular is JJ, #48.

Your's?

·
Registered
7,994 Posts

;):D

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I like NASCAR but prefer BRISCA F1 stockcars, 1.5 ton, 600bhp, unlimited cc V8`s !!

full on contact, rain, shine, shale or tarmac, heaven !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCjkjYxi7aE&feature=related

been goin since early 80`s up till a few years ago when i got made redundant and got no spare cash :(

UK guys should check it out for somethin different !!

http://www.brisca.com/ there`s tracks all over the country and i`ve been to most of them. and no i didn`t work for them.

KK

·
Banned
277 Posts
#48 is twice the weenie #24 is. I like #20, he still races dirt tracks when he can, even bought a track a few years ago. Im interested to see how he does now that he's a team owner as well as driver.

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
NASCAR has some substantial financial issues to deal with: the general economy of course, the auto industry, corporations reeling in ad dollars, an audience demographic which has been especially hard hit, etc.
I've never been a fan, but realize how important it is to many on a national level.
Maybe they should start racing hybrids?
:eek:

·
Registered
866 Posts
Maybe they should start racing hybrids?
:eek:
Let's see if the big megabucks crowd playing in the F1 game can make it work first. They are experimenting with "energy recovery systems" at the moment. I'm thinking reliability will be the problem this year for F1.

·
Banned
277 Posts
You're thinking right, i was reading somewhere that F1 decided to make the recovery system optional this year, mandatory next. I think one or two of the teams have one that works and are going to try to use it. And yes, the new #14, i just hope he's the same old "Smoke".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts