Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding season here is still a few months away but a sign spring is coming is the Daytona 500 in a couple of weeks. Anyone else here follow the Cup series? Any predictions for winners, champion or maybe new rivalries?

·
Registered
950 Posts
I'm not a big fan but I watch when I can. I'm more of a sports car fan. Not all left turns. Do you ever get down to Watkins Glen for that race? I flag corners there. It is fun to have those cars thunder by when you're standing at the rail. My favorite driver is Boris Said. My favorite regular is JJ, #48.

Your's?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I like NASCAR but prefer BRISCA F1 stockcars, 1.5 ton, 600bhp, unlimited cc V8`s !!

full on contact, rain, shine, shale or tarmac, heaven !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCjkjYxi7aE&feature=related

been goin since early 80`s up till a few years ago when i got made redundant and got no spare cash :(

UK guys should check it out for somethin different !!

http://www.brisca.com/ there`s tracks all over the country and i`ve been to most of them. and no i didn`t work for them.

KK

·
Banned
277 Posts
#48 is twice the weenie #24 is. I like #20, he still races dirt tracks when he can, even bought a track a few years ago. Im interested to see how he does now that he's a team owner as well as driver.

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
NASCAR has some substantial financial issues to deal with: the general economy of course, the auto industry, corporations reeling in ad dollars, an audience demographic which has been especially hard hit, etc.
I've never been a fan, but realize how important it is to many on a national level.
Maybe they should start racing hybrids?
:eek:

·
Banned
277 Posts
You're thinking right, i was reading somewhere that F1 decided to make the recovery system optional this year, mandatory next. I think one or two of the teams have one that works and are going to try to use it. And yes, the new #14, i just hope he's the same old "Smoke".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts