Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all -- I'm planning to switch out my CRG hindsight bar end mirrors because I don't like having to turn my head so far to see the mirrors.

I'm having difficulty deciding between CRG arrows, which can go just a little higher up above my grips so are in a better line of sight, and napoleons. The arrows have great convex viewing perspective, but are a little small. I've heard positive things about the Napoleons, although they seem a bit large / heavy looking. Also I ride in DC so regularly weave through tight spaces.

Anyone have any thoughts or advice?

Thanks and safe riding!

·
Super Moderator
3,306 Posts
I haven't tried the aroma, but for me, Napoleons vibrate a ton more than my hindsight lane splitters. I always had to clutch in on the road to see what was behind me.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
I've run Napoleon mirrors since the early 70's and use them on all my bikes. I don't know how many sets I've purchased over the years.

Only mirror I'll ever use.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've run Napoleon mirrors since the early 70's and use them on all my bikes. I don't know how many sets I've purchased over the years.

Only mirror I'll ever use.
Have you had any vibration issues? Also, is there a particular version you recommend. Is it these ones?

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I did try similar Joker bar end mirrors to those. They are not really convex so there is a limited range of view. I could tell immediately they wouldn't work for me.
From their website: http://m.jokermachine.com/item/31383938

"Our Cafe Style Bar End mirrors comes with a CONVEX mirror glass which provides you with EXCEPTIONAL rear visibility."

Maybe they're a little more convex than the Jokers you tried, maybe not. I'm pretty happy with my CRGs so not much help. :/

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From their website: http://m.jokermachine.com/item/31383938

"Our Cafe Style Bar End mirrors comes with a CONVEX mirror glass which provides you with EXCEPTIONAL rear visibility."

Maybe they're a little more convex than the Jokers you tried, maybe not. I'm pretty happy with my CRGs so not much help. :/
The CRG's are significantly more convex than the Jokers. The difference in the field of view is huge, in my opinion.

I'm curious if others have had good or bad experiences with the Napoleons. It seems like some people are pretty devoted to them. Thanks all!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I've had the Napoleons for about five years now. Love 'em, great view aft (I don't seem to have the issues with vibration), and as an added bonus, they look pretty nice as well.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Have you had any vibration issues? Also, is there a particular version you recommend. Is it these ones? http://www.amazon.com/NAPOLEON-Univ...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
I've always run that style and you do get some buzz at certain rpm's but not that bad, I've always been able to make out a car behind me. Slight fuzz only at small rpm intervals all I've ever noticed. One thing, because they are formidable, they actually take some of the buzz out of the bars, act as bar end weights. If probably combine them with bar end weights you probably would not have any fuzz in those mirrors. I've got them mounted onto the end of bar end weights on my V7 and no fuzz at all. They are mounted on the Triumph with no bar end weights, slight fuzz only under hard throttle on and then that clears up once things settle down. The view is very nice behind and they can be adjusted so there really is no blind spot. The lack of the blind spot is probably why I've always loved them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts