Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there some sort of adapter to fit the naps into the stock clip ons? On mine I had to just saw off the end of the mirror part with the bolt in it to get it to fit into that end cap. Looks like in this pic theres some sort of adapter or something? I like the look of these better.

·
Registered
366 Posts
i think these (in the picture) are the Triumph bar end mirrors (they should actually say "triumph" on them and the entire end cap is part of the mirror housing. from what i understand the napoleon bar ends will not fit the stock clip-ons unless you mess with them. i remember ordering them last spring and when i got them i was like... "uh... what the hell?" the Triumph dealer let me return them (although i expected them to have known better). then i got the CRG ones (over-priced IMHO) and guess what? they don't fit without buying their stupid adapter!

so then i ordered the proper Thruxton ones but they were on back-order and actually i just got a call a few weeks ago saying they were finally in.

a.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I have the genuine Triumph mirror kit I got from the dealer new in box shipped from the UK and the mirrors say 'napoleon' and 'made in japan'. There is a custom adaptor included, plus some assorted bolts and washers, which you could probably get from Triumph as they list separate parts numbers for them, which unfortunately, I don't have.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts