Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know this trademark or recognize this master cylinder? This front brake setup all came on my ‘14 S3 1050 and I’m assuming it’s aftermarket? I’m happy with The lever and the combo mirror/handlebar mount, but I pulled the aluminum threads outta the top handlebar mount bolt hole and I can’t find a replacement that looks the same. I would like to replace it as it is but - living in the US and this being my first Triumph - I’m not even sure if it came from the factory. Maybe Europe aftermarket? Logos not familiar either. Yeah ... it could be tapped but I prefer to replace than repair if at all possible. If anyone could point me to a cyber retail hookup for the part I’d be grateful.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,486 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Yes, OEM Brembo, Used from late 2007 models.

And yes, easy to strip the perch clamp threads, The standard bolts are a little too short and need to be replaced as they don't grab many threads. Don't go too long though otherwise they'll bottom out before gripping the bar and you can strip them from being too long. Use the Goldilocks Principle, not too long, not too short, get some that are just right.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Angel, that’s a Brembo pump, but the lever doesn’t match to the pump that model, the pump’s push rod might snap out from the lever and fail to brake altogether at any time. Scary stuff. Get a set of levers that keep that pushrod secured and not completely exposed.
These rods have a wide lateral free play, about half an inch, that you can move around with your fingers, so it really is concerning.
I’d spend the money on high quality levers (Rizoma, ASV) and have a mechanic re-do the thread on the mount screw hole.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts