Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
I have a 1050 St, but I am looking at a naked bike again. I have spotted this:
It says that it's a 2001 Daytona but has obviously been played with as it has no fairing, different lights, different forks and front brakes etc.

So, what do you think. Mileage is 36000, loads of service history according to advert.

Might look at it tomorrow. They want £3495 which is expensive but a lot of work has gone into it, not least the paint job.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think it look nice. More pictures would be welcomed!
Worth going see it in real a'd maybe try it I think.

If the paint job is perfect and the maintenance is good... I'll go for it!
Maybe you can do a little bargain?

You're lucky here in Paris they are planning on forbidding the motorcycles from before 2006 because of '' pollution ''... (********...)

Envoyé de mon STF-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
In the US that would be a 2002 955i Daytona with the double sided swingarm. Hard to tell from the side view, but those lights might be the stock Daytona lamps just not covered by the front center fairing. Maybe Yamaha R1 front end and brakes.

·
Super Moderator
21,353 Posts
I think the lamps look like the 10+ teardop Speed Triple lamps

Definitely Yamaha calipers - not sure about the forks, look like maybe 04-05 GSXR 1000 forks

At first the tank/tail look different - but the paint job is bit of optical illusion, those are the stock parts - paint looks nice in the pics at least, hopefully as good up close & 'live'

·
Registered
657 Posts
That's as nice a 955i Speedtona (Speed Tripled Daytona) as I've seen. Lots of people converted them as they tired of the sports bike crouch. It's also entirely possible the conversion was needed as a result of a fall that wrecked all the fairing plastics and the front end however I'd say whoever did it knew what they were doing and they've ended up with a really neat looking bike. They even removed the exhaust lug from the passenger footrest hanger and cleaned it up - nice attention to detail. If it rides nice I'd go for it.

·
Premium Member
24,301 Posts
The rear plastics and seat cvowl are 2004 - 2006 Daytona. That belly pan looks a bit SV 1000S to me.

Seems a it's bit of a "licorice allsorts" but nicely done as stated.

It does look nice in that photo, I'm not game to say it's better than Ken's master piece effort though!!!:grin2:

·
Registered
244 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, an update. I went to look at it. HPI clear. S3 lights, GSXR 1000 forks with Yam Gold Spots calipers. Hyperpro fork springs. Nitron shock. ST rear wheel with 180 profile tyre/ Tyres new. Dyno'd. Major work carried out in 2016. Loads of documented history.

Nothing to do really except fit a Scotoiler, a rack for rallies and get some soft panniers. Put a deposit down :)

Little higher than my 1050 ST, but feels lighter.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like it will be mine. just a confirmation from the dealers of what they will give me for my 1050 ST, and negotiations are done.

Does anyone have any recommendations for luggage, rear carrier, as I will use it (haven't named her yet) for rallies/touring.

And again, thanks for your input folks.

·
Registered
657 Posts
If they're still available try looking for a Ventura rack/backpack. Pic of my Speedtona with one attached. Can be flipped around to hang out the back if you're carrying a pillion. The bag on mine is tired but it's done a lot of work. The newer ones look schmick and fit on the same rack. Thinking of updating to one myself.

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well picked it up yesterday.

Decosse was correct with the GSXR 1000 forks and Yamaha Gold Spot calipers.

The headlights are from a 2011 S3. It has a Power Commander fitted. Also it has a Nitron rear shock with remote adjuster. The ride is (very) firm for me so I checked out the shock spring rate - 650 lbs. As it came with all the original paperwork and bills for all the extras, I have the original sales receipt and documentation for the shock. So I have contacted Nitron with a plan to get the shock suited to me (14 Stone - 196 lbs - 89 Kg). Also, I believe that you can adjust the ride height on these shocks.

The bike will be named (as have all my previous bikes), and it's a flyer. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts