Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
I know that New Bonneville sells some Norman Hyde gear. You might try emailing them. If they don't stock those, they have some very good extended bolts of their own.

Martin

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Martin,

Actually we can make the simplistic design for about 5 bucks in a good bolt dealer shop; Stainless allen bolt and a integral nut washer.

The Norman Hyde ones have have that unique triangular end that would make them tool free.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I know that New Bonneville sells some Norman Hyde gear. You might try emailing them. If they don't stock those, they have some very good extended bolts of their own.

Martin
Very true. I bought my extended seat bolts from New Bonneville and haven't had a problem with them yet. And they're quite a bit cheaper than the Norman Hyde bolts...their aluminum and that's probably why but they get the job done.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Thanks Martin,

Actually we can make the simplistic design for about 5 bucks in a good bolt dealer shop; Stainless allen bolt and a integral nut washer.

The Norman Hyde ones have have that unique triangular end that would make them tool free.
If you were to take that basic design and hit it with some spray-on tool dip (it's rattlecan rubber, available at Lowes or Home Depot), it makes for a very nice tool-free bolt

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys.

I made up a few sets of different lengths and go a working design on my Thunderbird now.
Took quite a bit of fuel to find anyone who carried that hardware in the appropriate dimensions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts