Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help with my rebuild

I took my T140V apart a few weeks ago and am now putting it all nicely back together. The problem is that my memory ain't what it used to be. I have a shim or spacer washer that is 1-3/8" OD by 1" ID by 0.02" thick. I thought that it belongs with the cam or crank pinions or is fits somewhere in the external part of the transmission. Then again I am not sure. The manuals don't seem to help.

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jimy B but it's a little to big for that.

I am beginning to wonder if it is the spacer that is shown sitting in front of that funny bronze washer with the locating hole in it and the cross pattern directly behind the layshaft needle bearing. I don't recall if I put two in or not as I was worrying that the bronze washer remained placed on the dowel

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I think it could be for spacing the engine sprocket to get correct primary chain alignment, used together with the thick spacer?
Roy.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, I've been away...

Yep, it's about the only place that this spacer is going to fit. Oddly enough, I met an old time Triumph mechanic today and he told me right out what it was and where it went.

Thanks guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts