Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
367 Posts
sailfish, I have nio idea how it affects the power band as the system was on the bike when i got it. But it sure does take off when you hit 6k rpm.
Last time they were off i did try to mentally figure out how the scavenging worked ( got a head ache) the center pipe does go a little further into the collect though.
With the can that is on it now it is a little on the loud side. It does have a little rumble to it alhtough i do not have anything to compare it to.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks

I looked at a 4-1 Indigo I have for D1200 and sure enough they are similar in construction. I can't wait to try it on the 900 and see how it runs/sounds

X75, I have one of those but it has an aluminium cam. It is by Indigo. it does not obstruct the oil filter. Be careful with the flanges as they are not machine very accurately. Here should be a link to the picture of it on my bike

http://www.triumphrat.net/t3-sport-touring-forum/64786-we-haven-t-had-enough-pics-recently-12.html

·
Registered
744 Posts
hope its ok to chime in here.

I got a bit of experience with one off exhaust systems as I have messed about with this in the past.

Those short headers will not aid the engine getting up on cam.
The idea of performance exhaust is to extend the rev range. This usually presses the crank a bit harder for rpm but mostly standard bikes can handle this, although it may shorten their engine life a little.

Longer headers move the power band up when combined with the correct setup (jettting mostly) this basically allows for later gear changes and allow the engine to continue to make power when once before it would stop.

Those headers are shorter than stock. Unless I am bonkers :)

Which will make them less expensive to manufacture, but also , make them broaden the lower edge of the power "band".

As the bike already has such a broad engine response, I dont personally reckon that this design will add power.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Morning all :). i just joined up , what a brilliant friendly and well informed site this is. Mega !
This may not be the right post for me so sorry to gate crash but i to am looking for a 3-1 for my `94 Daytona. i previously had a `99 Daytona 955i and wondered if if the down pipes from a 955i would fit my `94. i am sure this has properly been covered some where on here before but i cant find it so if any of you lovely people can enlighten me i would be mighty grateful
Baz

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Morning all :). i just joined up , what a brilliant friendly and well informed site this is. Mega !
This may not be the right post for me so sorry to gate crash but i to am looking for a 3-1 for my `94 Daytona. i previously had a `99 Daytona 955i and wondered if if the down pipes from a 955i would fit my `94. i am sure this has properly been covered some where on here before but i cant find it so if any of you lovely people can enlighten me i would be mighty grateful
Baz
Welcome in Baz...the 955 headers won't fit but the early T509 Speed triple/daytona ones do...bit harder to track down but they do pop up on flea bay from time to time ;-)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for that. i think i may have just bought a second hand stainless scorpion so it may be a long weekend. i really like your webspace and your bike stunning, quite insperational, really got me thinking now
cheers baz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts