Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i put the ole girl on last nite and commuted with her this morning and evening .

sound is fantastic in almost obnoxios way , much better than a harley , not near as teeth nashing as four cylinder at full scream

the bike revs to redline quicker , i have only bumped the limiter a couple of times but much easier to do with the zard , iguess all the back pressure from the exhaust was a bunch .

weight : i shaved between 18 and 22 pounds from the bike

performance , you can feel it i used to give the throttle a smart opening in first to loft it and know it lofts of its own mind in first and second

i dont have the correct tune in yet , tuneboy yet to arrive

the tards at the dealer could not even load a tors tune for me without a 2 hour wait while they downloaded from triumph

i hate the back firing/poping , must disable the SAI or plug it as soon as possible

kuhlka , you still got plates ?

all in all , i hate the look of the end can , but its kind of like an ugly girlfriend with a great job whos a nympho and can cook . :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
On 2006-12-20 17:34, ctrhenry wrote:
all in all , i hate the look of the end can , but its kind of like an ugly girlfriend with a great job whos a nympho and can cook . :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
sounds like the culprit of 'meth'. -- oh wait, it doesn't clean your house with a tooth-brush...
:-D

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well , really satisfied with exhaust , i use my certified and calibrated seat of the pantsometer and my happiness smilograph , both of which
are reading very high , towards the top of their range

as a large feller 250 lbs ( how many STONE is that ) the comnbo of the weight loss and the extra hp really amazed me

also , i cant find a reason other than more free flowing , but that sucker is really more responsive to the throttle and seems to rev , and top out much quicker

oh jeez , now i need a little special time after talking about it :-D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey ctrhenry, which Triumph tune did they install?

I had 020087 loaded, and the popping and crackling all but disappeared.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they did not install any tune , the tards did not have any current tunes in the computer and it was gonna be a two hour wait for them to get one from triumph, so i just took it home , i will have my tuneboy hopefully in the next few days any way

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've literally just installed Waynes tune for SAI and CAT but the weather is sooo pants here that it's gonna be a while til I try it...

I guess you'll probably go for Waynes original tune as reading other posts you've got the full system...

Bring on spring :( :-D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts