Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've posted this here as it seems to be the most active part of this site. Apologies if this is has been mentioned before. I did a search and nothing came up.

This is very localised for people on the East Coast of Australia and more so for those in Sydney Town and The Central Coast of NSW, but for those that may not have heard, The Mount White Cafe, also known as "The Road Warriors Cafe" will serve their last burger and milkshake on 24th December 2008.

The owner of the site has sold it to a developer and it will soon become a caravan (trailer, for those in the US) park.

The cafe/general store has been there for decades. Max and is crew have done a fantastic job over recent years and this icon of not only the motorcycling world, but also anyone that frequents "The Old Road", will surely be missed.

It beats me why people would want to holiday in a caravan park over looking the freeway, but thats progress and each to their own I guess.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Certainly has been a favourite for Sydney and central coast riders for a long time.The loss of an m/c friendly cafe on such a top road will be sorely missed by many.

I might have to pay a last visit next week.

Thanks to Max and the staff there for great burgers and coffee.

·
Registered
935 Posts
It beats me why people would want to holiday in a caravan park over looking the freeway, but thats progress and each to their own I guess.
The answer to this might lie with investors who are eager to turn Mt White into the new Kariong. Some of them have bought farmletts just up the road from the cafe. I wonder what will happen to their property values once DA's are approved for future housing developments?

Anyone remember when it was called the ABC store? And does anyone remember the cafe around the corner from it that was burnt down 15 or so years ago? Ahhhh memory lane....

Oh by the way, I think you will find it is closing today (14th)

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The answer to this might lie with investors who are eager to turn Mt White into the new Kariong. Some of them have bought farmletts just up the road from the cafe. I wonder what will happen to their property values once DA's are approved for future housing developments?

Anyone remember when it was called the ABC store? And does anyone remember the cafe around the corner from it that was burnt down 15 or so years ago? Ahhhh memory lane....

Oh by the way, I think you will find it is closing today (14th)

As a matter of fact Mick, I do remember when it was called that and I seem to recall a few different owners on the many trips I made on that road between Sydney and Newcastle.

You are quite right about the date. Typo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts