Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a new battery just, what, 2 weeks?
Even bought a CTEK battery charger and was planning a monthly TLC session.
Just 15 minutes ago my 2 week old battery died.
What, for the love of the Gods, could be the problem?

I... AM... A BIT... FRUSTRATED! :mad:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Charging system / Regulator going bad.

Bad battery.

Only really short trips. How long did your last battery last?

Something is shorting out and drawing down your power all the time.

A volt meter will help you debug the problem.

Are you really sure the battery is dead?

Good Luck and sorry to hear about your problem.

·
Registered
379 Posts
it might be your regulator and stator which is a serious problem....it may be a bad battery but it depends on how long the last one lasted. worst comes to worst go to your triumph dealer

·
Registered
164 Posts
Here in Australia we seem to have a big problem with the 08 models discharging the batteries during storage. The dealers replace the batteries but after only one week of not using the bike the battery is dead again. So clearly there is something going on with the bikes draining the batteries like that :( I hear reports that the fuel pump is constantly priming making noises even if the key is not in the ignition... maybe this is the problem :rolleyes:

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The last battery lasted some 2 years.
I took the battery from the bike yesterday and tried to charge it with the CTEK but it seems the battery can no longer be charged... I guess I bought a bad battery.

err... sorry for my bad English... need a good night sleep!

·
Registered
379 Posts
The last battery lasted some 2 years.
I took the battery from the bike yesterday and tried to charge it with the CTEK but it seems the battery can no longer be charged... I guess I bought a bad battery.

err... sorry for my bad English... need a good night sleep!

return the battery from where you got it, if the prob persists try looking into the stator

·
Registered
728 Posts
As far as I know , all AGM batteries need to be on a trickle charger for 8-12 hrs before use. Even though a new freshly sealed one will test as "fully charged"
They seem to need a setup time before use. Else they will fail within a month.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts